Microsoft has released (June 21, June 2016) a new update rollup KB3161608 for Windows 7 SP1, and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.
According to this Microsoft-document an update rollup is a tested, cumulative set of hotfixes, security updates, critical updates, and updates that are packaged together for easy deployment. A rollup generally targets a specific area, such as security, or a component of a product.
June 2016 update rollup for Windows 7 SP1, and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1(KB3161608) fixes issues and includes performance and reliability improvements.
Fixed issues that has been fixed
The list of fixes are smaller as for the June 2016 Windows 8.1 update rollup – here is what has been fixed:
- KB3154228 32-bit icons can’t be loaded in OleLoadPictureEx in Windows
- KB3153727 Windows Installer with certain actions can’t be installed on Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- KB3161647 Windows Update Client for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2: June 2016
- KB3161897 WDS deployment fails when UEFI clients are in routed environments in Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- KB3161639 Update to add new cipher suites to Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge in Windows
How to get this update rollup
This update is provided as an Optional update via Windows Update, via Update Catalog and via Microsoft Download Center:
Windows 7 (32 Bit): Download
Windows 7 (64 Bit): Download
Windows Server 2008 R2 (64 Bit): Download
Windows Server 2008 R2 (IA 64 based): Download
Also a restart after update installation is required.