Microsoft has released the last August update KB3176938 for Windows 10 Version 1607 (Anniversary Update). This update is for all users and fixes several bugs (the printing bug, the PowerShell bug and more).
Update KB3176938 (Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607: August 31, 2016) includes improvements and fixes to enhance the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1607. This update has been available for Windows Insiders (see Windows 10 build 14393.103 for Insiders in Slow and Release Preview ring). The update is available via Windows Update and will be installed automatically. The size for a full installation is 205 MB (32 Bit) and 331 MB (64 Bit).
What has been fixed?
Microsoft has released a changelog in Update-History. Here are the bug fixes and improvements.
- Improved reliability of Windows Ink Workspace, Microsoft Edge, File Server, Windows kernel, Microsoft Component Object Model (COM), Cluster Health Service, Hyper-V, multi-factor authentication (MFA), NTFS file system, PowerShell, Internet Explorer 11, facial recognition, graphics, Windows Store, and Windows Shell.
- Improved performance related to purchasing Windows Store apps.
- Improved battery life of wearable devices (such as the Microsoft Band) while Bluetooth is connected and idle.
- Improved compatibility of using Xbox One controllers with various games.
- Addressed issue with incorrect character mapping between Japanese and Unicode for the question mark.
- Addressed issue that prevents the download and initialization of .NET objects in Internet Explorer 11.
- Improved support of new near-field communication (NFC) chips for Windows 10 Mobile.
- Addressed issue with game or app audio not resuming after ending a call on Windows 10 Mobile.
- Addressed additional issues with compatibility, remote desktop, BitLocker, PowerShell, Direct3D, networking policies, Dynamic Access Control (DAC) rules, Microsoft Edge, Connected Standby, mobile device management (MDM), printing, Fingerprint logon, and Cortana.
My interpretation: There is a fix for the printing proble, the PowerShell bug and also Windows Store issues are addressed.
Windows 10 build 14393.103 for Insiders in Slow and Release Preview ring
Windows 10 Anniversary Update KB3176934 breaks PowerShell
Update KB3186988 for Windows 10 Version 1511 printing issues?
Printing issues with Microsoft Security Patch MS16-098
Update KB3186987 for Windows 10 fixes printing issue