[German]Adobe released on December 12, 2017 a Flash Player update for Windows, Macintosh, Linux and Chrome OS. This updates the player to version 22.214.171.124. It’s a major update that includes bug fixes, security updates and new features.
Security Bulletin APSB17-42 from December 12, 2017 name the priority for this update as 2. The following Flash versions are affected.
|Adobe Flash Player Desktop Runtime||126.96.36.199 and earlier versions||Windows, Macintosh|
|Adobe Flash Player for Google Chrome||188.8.131.52 and earlier versions||Windows, Macintosh, Linux and Chrome OS|
|Adobe Flash Player for Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11||184.108.40.206 and earlier versions||Windows 10 and 8.1|
|Adobe Flash Player Desktop Runtime||220.127.116.11 and earlier versions||Linux|
Adobe Flash Player 18.104.22.168 is available for the platforms enlisted within the table below.
The release notes contains the following topics fixed in Flash Player version 22.214.171.124.
- [Mac] Flash Player NCP is not launched from system preferences when NPAPI Flash Player is installed
- [Windows]Playback issues are observed while playing the DRM content on Chrome.
- Memory leak is observed when running a Stage3D application using Baseline_Constrained profile(FP-4198562)
- File upload dialog becomes unresponsive on Chrome when using the Scratch editor (FP-4198254)
- The volume slider is not visible while playing the video from https://www.vudu.com/movies/#!content/74336/CHUD-2-Bud-The-Chud in fullscreen mode.
If you have activated the Flash-Player auto-update function and installed the player separately, you should receive this update automatically. For Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, Microsoft will roll it out tonight at 7 p. m. via Windows Update. In the case of the Chrome Browser it should pull the update also automatically.
Which Flash Player version do I have?
The installed Flash version can be queried on this Adobe web site. There you can see if the Flash-Player is supported in the browser, which version is used and which version is available for the update at Adobe.
If you update the Flash Player via the above Adobe page, make sure that the PUPs offered (McAfee Security Scan Plus and True Key from Intel) are not installed with the software. At Webroot there are direct download links.
Adobe released Flash Player 126.96.36.199
Windows 7: Fix broken Update (Error 0x80248015) 12/4/17
Windows 10: Updates KB4054022, KB4055237, KB4052342 (Nov. 30, 2017)
Microsoft Office Patchday (December 5, 2017)
Patchday: Updates for Windows 7/8.1 (December 12, 2017)
Patchday: Windows 10 Updates December 12, 2017