Microsoft has released yesterday build 14946 of Windows 10 Insider Preview for PC and Mobile devices in Fast Ring. The announcement has be made by Dona Sarkar at Windows Blog. Here’s what to know about this new preview build.
Microsoft introduced some new featrues for precision touchpads. When you go into Settings > Devices > Touchpad, you will now find a section called “Other gestures”.
In this section, you now have basic customization options for your three and four finger gestures. For taps, you can select between Cortana, Action Center, play/pause or middle mouse button, and for left/right swipes, you can select between switching apps or switching virtual desktops.
There is also an updated Wi-Fi Settings page – you can now select a time under “Turn Wi-Fi back on” to have it turn on automatically.WLAN-Einstellungen modifiziert
Microsoft noticed also the following improvements an fixes for Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14946.
- Optional components such as Hyper-V and Bash should remain installed after updating to this build.
- We have fixed the issue where signing into games that use Xbox Live would not work. You should be able to sign-in to Xbox Live in games in this build.
- We fixed the issue causing Microsoft Edge to sometimes crash on launch, or when you type in address bar or try to open a new tab. You no longer need to run the PowerShell script.
- We fixed the issue causing touch scrolling to be too sensitive in Windows 10 apps, such as Microsoft Edge.
- We fixed an issue where Explorer.exe would hang when attempting to open considerably large .MOV files.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the network icon occasionally getting into a state where a red X would display in the taskbar despite an active internet connection, until the device had been restarted.
- We fixed an issue where if the device’s brightness was automatically adjusted after being woken from sleep, the brightness level shown in the Action Center’s Brightness Quick Action might not reflect the current brightness of the device.
- We fixed an issue leading to Narrator not tracking focus on the Start Menu All apps list or tiles.
- We fixed an issue potentially resulting in the “Open with…” dialog displaying with two entries for Calculator after tapping the Calculator key on a keyboard or running the Calculator app.
There are other minor changes and fixes within this build.
Known issues for PC
If you have 3rd party antivirus products such as Bitdefender, Kaspersky Antivirus, F-Secure Antivirus and Malwarebytes installed on your PC – your PC might not be able to complete the update to this build and roll-back to the previous build.
Also, larger Windows Store games such as ReCore, Gears of War 4, Forza Horizon 3, Killer Instinct and Rise of the Tomb Raider may fail to launch. And PCs that are capable of Connected Standby (Surface Book, Surface Pro 4) may drop a bluescreen while in Connected Standby.