Oracle has released Virtualbox Version 5.1.8, which is a maintenance release of this virtualization software for Windows , Linux and Mac OS.
The change log list the following fixes and improvements for Virtualbox 5.1.8.
- GUI: fixed keyboard shortcut handling regressions (Mac OS X hosts only; bugs #15937 and #15938)
- GUI: fixed keyboard handling regression for separate UI (Windows hosts only; bugs #15928)
- NAT: don’t exceed the maximum number of “search” suffixes. Patch from bug #15948.
- NAT: fixed parsing of port-forwarding rules with a name which contains a slah (bug #16002)
- NAT Network: when the host has only loopback nameserver that cannot be mapped to the guests (e.g. dnsmasq running on 127.0.1.1), make DHCP supply NAT Network DNS proxy as nameserver.
- Bridged Network: prevent flooding syslog with packet allocation error messages (bug #15569)
- Audio: now using Audio Queues on Mac OS X hosts
- Audio: fixed recording with the PulseAudio backend (5.1 regression)
- Audio: various bugfixes
- Snapshots: fixed regression in 5.1.4 for deleting snapshots with several disks (bug #15831)
- Snapshots: crash fix and better error reporting when snapshot deletion failed
- Storage: some fixes for the NVMe emulation with Windows guests
- API: fixed initialization of SAS controllers (bug #15972)
- Build system: make it possible to build VBox on systems which default to Python 3
- Windows hosts: detect certain cases of REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG errors and print a helpful error message
- Windows hosts: adapted to changes in Windows 10 build 14901 (bug #15944)
- Windows hosts: better support for processor groups on Windows 7 and later which is required on certain hosts with many CPUs
- Windows installer / Additions: added option to prevent creating of start menu items (bug #15922)
- Windows Additions / VGA: if the guest’s power management turns a virtual screen off, blank the corresponding VM window rather than hide the window
- Windows Additions: fixed a generic bug which could lead to freezing shared folders (bug #15662)
- Linux hosts / guests: fix for kernels with CONFIG_CPUMASK_OFFSTACK set (bug #16020)
- Linux Additions: don’t require all virtual consoles be in text mode. This should fix cases when the guest is booted with a graphical boot screen (bug #15683)
- Linux Additions: added depmod overrides for the vboxguest and vboxsf kernel modules to fix conflicts with modules shipped by certain Linux distributions
- X11 Additions: disable 3D on the guest if the host does not provide enough capabilities (bug #15860)
Virtualbox is free for private use on Windows, Mac OS and Linux and may be downloaded here. Note that also an updated version of Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack is required.
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings