[German]Microsoft has released a new cumulative update KB4020102 for Windows 10 Creators Update on May 25, 2017 . This update fixes a couple of issues and improves stability – according to Microsoft.
Update KB4020102 (May 25, 2017—KB4020102 (OS Build 15063.332) is the 2nd cumulative update for Windows 10 Creators Update in May. It doesn't contains new features, the update fixes some issues and improves system stability. The Windows 10 V1703 build number is changed to 15063.332. KB402010 will be distributed via Windows Update. I haven't found the package in Windows Update Catalog. In case, you are in need, the direct download links are published at tenforums.com.
This cumulative update is also available for Windows 10 Mobile, but only for Windows Insider in Fast Ring and Release Preview Ring.
Fixed issues in update KB4020102
The changelog of update KB4020102 contains a long list of addressed issues that has been fixed.
Addressed issue where NTLM fails to generate a challenge response when CredGuard is enabled, NTLMv2 is used, and no target information is provided by the server.
- Addressed issue where Internet Explorer does not respect the "Send all sites not included in the Enterprise Mode Site List to Microsoft Edge" policy when opening favorites.
Addressed issue in Internet Explorer 11 where a non-administrator user is not able to install an ActiveX control.
Addressed issue where, after starting Split View, some apps (Microsoft Edge, Hub, Cortana, etc.) no longer receive input when multiple displays are in use.
Addressed issue with an unnecessary scrollbar in the logon credential provider dialog, which may block use of other fields when the dialog has multiple fields.
Addressed issue where, during a VM reset, the VM goes into Second Level Paging (SLP) even if there is enough balancer available memory on the host.
Addressed issue where some non-Unicode fonts (Courier, MS Sans Serif, etc.) do not render characters correctly on non-Latin, single-byte system locales (Greek, Hebrew, Arabic, etc.). Black bars or other artifacts appear instead.
Addressed issue with an SMS/messaging app that stops working when attempting to delete messages.
Addressed issue where, after installing the Creators Update, audio output through external decoders no longer works.
Addressed issue where the IoT shell fails to keep monitored background applications running.
Addressed issue with high latency when using the Universal Windows Platform (UWP) MIDI API.
Addressed issue where network printers may fail to install when using the printer vendor's setup software on machines with less than 4GB of RAM. These printers will install if you install from the Settings app or from Devices and Printer in Control Panel. I've addressed this bug within my blog post Windows 10 Version 1703: Fix for network printer install issue.
Addressed issue where PrintBRM fails to restore the Print Queue Configurations when printer names are identical and a port is set to FILE:.
Addressed issue with per user proxy settings not migrating to machine proxy settings.
Currently no install issues are known. Some users recognized disk cleanup takes a long time after update install (see also here). It seems also that some issues, not mentioned above, are fixed.
- A German user reported, that his Windows Spotlight issue (he have had no changing images on lock screen) has been fixed.
- Other German users are reporting minor fixes. One user reported, that screen brightness is now adjustable again. Another user reported, that the sharing option in Windows 10 Mobile Edge browser has been fixed.
- Here somebody mentioned, that the health scan bug in Windows Defender has been fixed. Also Windows Defender may be opened again via double clock on Actions Center.
- At reddit.com users are mention, that the location icon bug in task bar has been fixed (occurs, if Night Light is active and Action Center is open).
- At reddit.com a user claims, that group policies for lock screen (adding custom images) is still broken (see this discussion).
- If the update install is causing issues (cmd prompt window is flashing), user ursopro noted at reddit.com to check the office entry in task planner and deactivate the Office update task, running every hour.
Theis reddit.com thread also contains a list of issues, that probably not has been fixed yet. If you find additions fixes or new bugs, please drop a comment.
Windows 10 Version 1703: Fix for network printer install issue
Office Patchday May 2, 2017
Updates for Windows 10 (May 9, 2017)
Updates May 2017 for Windows 7/8.1
Microsoft May 2017 patch day short over view
Update KB3150513: May Re-re-release for Windows 10 V1607
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings