[German]Microsoft released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16291 for PC in the Fast Ring for testers yesterday evening. It is a Release Candidate for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
The announcement has been made by Dona Sarkar in Windows-Blog. Here are a few details.
New in Build 16291.0
Resume from phones to PC with Cortana: Cortana users can now resume articles, news from their iPhones and Android phones to PC from within the Cortana app. This exciting feature comes in addition to the existing features where users can sync reminders, notifications and SMS across their devices and stay connected on the go!
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
Microsoft has made the following improvements.
- We fixed an issue where sometimes after an upgrade Windows Update’s update history would be missing a listing for the feature update you’d just done.
- We fixed an issue where scrolling with touch or precision touchpads wasn’t working with the F12 Developer Tools.
- We fixed an issue where pin reset above lock (“I forgot my PIN”) would only work the first time the password was reset.
- We fixed an issue where Microsoft Edge would crash if you added a Favorite to a Favorites folder and then immediately sorted that folder by name.
- We fixed an issue with the indexer from recent flights that could result in Outlook 2016 search failing to index the body of messages.
- We fixed a recent issue resulting in the Skype UWP app not being launched if it was minimized when you clicked an incoming call notification.
Update for Insiders with a Surface Pro 3
Surface Pro 3 owners suffered from the boot issue in the latest Insider Preview builds (see Surface Pro 3: Boot issues with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16288/16362). There is now a MS Answers forum post, explaining how to solve this issue.