[German]On June 12, 2018 (patchday) Microsoft released further updates for Internet Explorer, Windows Server, etc. This blog post contains details of selected patches that are not included in the remaining articles linked at the end of the article.
Microsoft closed 50 vulnerabilities in Windows, Office and other Microsoft products by May 2018 patchday, 11 of which were critical. At Talos you will find an overview of the critical security patches/vulnerability. Bleeping Computer has published an overview here.
The complete overview of all updates from Microsoft can be found on this website. Some of the updates mentioned there are described in separate blog posts (see link list at the end of the article).
The following security updates have been released.
- Update KB4093227: Security update for the Windows Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) denial of service vulnerability in Windows Server 2008: April 10, 2018. Re-release in June 2018
- Update KB4130956: Security update for the remote code execution vulnerability in Windows Server 2008: June 12, 2018, closes CVE-2018-8136.
- Update KB4230450: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer (9, 10, 11): June 12, 2018; several fixes; for the security only updates of Windows 7/8.1 and the server counterparts it is essential to install them.
- Update KB4230467: Security Update for Windows Server 2008 and Windows XP Embedded; closes vulnerabilities
- Update KB4234459: Security Update for the Windows kernel information disclosure vulnerability in Windows Server 2008: June 12, 2018; CVE-2018-8207.
- Update KB4284846: Security Only Quality Update for Windows Embedded 8 Standard and Windows Server 2012
- Update KB4284855: Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows Embedded 8 Standard and Windows Server 2012
- Update KB4293928: Security update for the Windows DNSAPI remote code execution vulnerability in Windows Embedded POSReady 2009, and Windows Embedded Standard 2009: June 12, 2018
- Update KB4294413: Security update for the HIDParser elevation of privilege vulnerability in Windows Server 2008, Windows Embedded POSReady 2009, and Windows Embedded Standard 2009: June 12, 2018
Non security updates
- Update KB890830: Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool – June 2018
Furthermore, Microsoft has changed the metafiles of some updates (affected packages can be found here). The listed update KB4284848, however, does not seem to exist.
Adobe Flash Player version 220.127.116.11 available
Flash-Update KB4287903 for Windows released
Flash-Update KB4287903: Install issues with WSUS
Microsoft Office Patchday (June 5, 2018)
Windows 10 V1803: Update KB4338548 released
Microsoft Security Update Summary for June 12, 2018
Windows 10 V1511-1607: Privacy notification update KB4134662, KB4134663 and KB4134659Microsoft Office Patchday (5. Juni 2018)
Patchday: June 2018 Updates for Windows 7/8.1/Server
Patchday: Windows 10 updates June 12, 2018
Patchday Microsoft Office Updates (June 12, 2018)