[German]As of November 13, 2018 (Patchday) Microsoft has released further updates for Internet Explorer, Windows Server, etc. In this blog post the respective patches are added, which are not included in the remaining posts linked at the end of the article.
With the November 2018 patchday, Microsoft has closed 63 vulnerabilities (including 0-day fixes for Windows, see here) in Windows, Office and other Microsoft products. I don’t have to list the details at this point. You will find an overview of the critical security vulnerabilities at Talos. The complete overview of all Microsoft updates can be found on this website. Some of the updates mentioned there are described in separate blog posts (see link list at end of article).
The following security updates have been released.
- KB4466388: 2018-11 Security Update for WES09 and POSReady 2009 for x86-based Systems
- KB4466536: 2018-11 Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer
- KB4467678: 2018-11 Security Only Quality Update for Windows Embedded 8 Standard/Windows Server 2012
- KB4467689: 2018-11 Security Update for WES09 and POSReady 2009 for x86-based Systems
- KB4467694: 2018-11 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player
- KB4467700: 2018-11 Security Only Quality Update for Windows Server 2008
- KB4467701: 018-11 Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows Embedded 8 Standard
- KB4467706: 2018-11 Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows Server 2008
- KB4470118: 2018-11 Security Update for WES09 and POSReady 2009
- KB4470198: 2018-11 Security Update for WES09 and POSReady 2009
Woody Leonhard wrote something about the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool listed below in a tweet:
There’s a bug in this month’s Malicious Software Removal Tool, KB 890830, that requires you to accept a new EULA for (…checks notes…) “Windows XP prerelease code.” So far the bug’s been reported with 32-bit Win7. https://t.co/77AxNZ8xxJ
— Woody Leonhard (@woodyleonhard) 15. November 2018
- KB890830: Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool – November 2018 update
- KB4467240: 2018-11 Security and Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 3.5.1, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, 4.7.2 for Windows Embedded Standard 7, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2
- KB4467241: 2018-11 Security and Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, 4.7.2 for Windows Embedded 8 Standard and Windows Server 2012
- KB4467242: 2018-11 Security and Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, 4.7.2 for Windows 8.1, Windows RT 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2
- KB4467243: 2018-11 Security and Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 4.5.2, 4.6 on Windows Server 2008
Unofficial Updates for Windows Vista
If you are still using Windows Vista, you can download the updates for Windows Server 2008 from Microsoft Update Catalog and install them manually (see Windows Vista: Patching beyond EOL till January 2020).
Microsoft Office Patchday (November 6, 2018)
Microsoft Security Update Summary for November 13, 2018
Patchday: Updates for Windows 7/8.1/Server Nov. 13, 2018
Patchday Windows 10-Updates (November 13, 2018)
Patchday Microsoft Office Updates (November 13, 2018)
Microsoft Patchday: Other Updates November 13, 2018