[German]The Mozilla developers have released the email client Thunderbird version 60.4.0. This is a maintenance update which fixes some bugs. Here is some information about it.
I just started the update search in Thunderbird, and got the update offered. Here is the German update dialog box.
According to the release notes, a new feature has been introduced and a number of minor bugs have been fixed.
- New: WebExtensions FileLink API to support FileLink Add-ons for WeTransfer and Dropbox (in preparation)
- Fixed: Decoding problems for messages with less common character sets (cp932, cp936).
Fixed: New messages in the Drafts folder (and other special or virtual folders) are no longer included in the notification of new messages.
But in the new Thunderbird version there are still several known issues:
- Crash when using custom sound for new email notifications. Workaround: Use the system sound.
- Due to changes in the Mozilla platform profiles stored on Windows networks, shares addressed by drive letters are now also addressed by UNC.
- CalDav access to some servers that do not work. Workaround: Set network.cookie.same-site.enabled to false.
- Twitter does not work because API changes have been made to Twitter.com.
The Thunderbird email client is available for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 and later, for macOS 10.9 or later, and for Linux GTK+ 3.4 or later. Details can be found here. Further information and downloads can be found on the Thunderbird website. (via)
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings