[German]Microsoft released the Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18323 in Fast Ring. This is the version in the 19H1 development branch, and it is now anticipates as feature complete for the final release espected in April 2019.
The announcement and a description of the new features can be found in the Windows Blog. I noticed the announcement on Twitter.
Heads up #WindowsInsiders we have published the blog post for Build 18323 that went to WIP Fast however note that availability of the flight will be spotty while we work out some issues with the build publishing systems. https://t.co/Fq2LSJa8nB https://t.co/zY4Vs094Un
— Brandon LeBlanc (@brandonleblanc) 24. Januar 2019
There are some new features that Microsoft lists for the new build. For example, support for the raw format has been improved for digital camera photo files.
You can download a Raw Image Extension as Beta from Store and then view Raw files in Explorer. Furthermore the ‘Light Theme’ has been improved. The list of improvements is quite long:
- REMINDER: The new tamper protection setting in the Windows Security app protects your device by helping to prevent bad actors from tampering with the most important security settings. You may see a new recommendation in the Windows Security app suggesting you turn this setting on.
- We fixed an issue causing Update Orchestrator Service to stop working periodically. As a result of this issue, you might have seen an error on Windows Update Settings saying that the update failed to restart. This issue also resulted in restart using Update and Restart to sometimes just restart you back into the base OS.
- [UPDATED] We fixed an issue where clicking your account in Cortana Permissions didn’t bring up the UI to sign out from Cortana (if you were already signed in). This issue also impacted the Change My Name button.
- We fixed an issue resulting in night light not working recently.
- We fixed an issue where the quick actions section of Action Center would be missing sometimes recently.
- We fixed an issue where closing an open Excel window from the taskbar might cause Excel to go non-responsive.
- We fixed an issue an issue where the WIN + Ctrl + <number> hotkey wasn’t working.
- When using your accent color on the taskbar has been enabled, the taskbar and start jump lists will now also be accent-themed.
- For the time being we’re returning the Volume Mixer link in the volume button context menu to its October 2018 behavior while we look at improving the experience based on feedback.
- We fixed an issue where themes and Microsoft Edge extensions downloaded from Microsoft Store wouldn’t appear in their respective locations after the download finished.
- We fixed an issue impacting Action Center reliability in recent builds.
- We fixed an issue where you might see multiple Focus Assist notifications in the Action Center at a particular time.
- We’re adding Nearby Sharing to the list of default Focus Assist exceptions.
- We fixed a recent issue where if you used the screen snip quick action in the Action Center then the resulting screenshot would have the Action Center in it.
- We fixed a recent issue that could result in not being able to launch UWP apps from the Start menu sometimes.
- We fixed a recent regression resulting in File Explorer sometimes hanging when interacting with MP4s and folders that had MP4s in them.
- We fixed an issue where Cortana would close immediately if opened from the Start screen when using tablet mode.
- We fixed an issue impacting Snipping Tool reliability.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Ctrl + P not activating the Print command in Snip & Sketch in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Snip & Sketch potentially crashing when closing many Snip & Sketch windows in a row.
- We fixed an issue where rebooting would set Nearby Sharing back to an off state if it had been turned on.
- We fixed an issue where the lock screen preview in Lock Screen Settings wasn’t showing in recent builds.
- We fixed an issue where the scrollbar in Settings was overlapping the text fields when manually configuring your IP address.
- We fixed a rare issue that could result in the screen locking up when using the Surface Dial.
- We fixed an issue where the tooltips in the Emoji Panel were truncated on the bottom.
- We fixed an issue where the Windows feature update might fail but would still be listed as a successful update in Windows Update history page.
- We fixed an issue where you might see a Windows Update icon in the notification area saying there was an update when no update was available.
- We fixed an issue where you couldn’t type on the touch keyboard when “Turn on Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse” since focus would move away from the text field and set to the keyboard itself.
- We fixed an issue on certain devices that could sometimes result in the screen staying black on boot until CTRL + Alt + Del was pressed.
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain devices experience increased battery drain on the last few flights when in Disconnected Standby Mode.
- We fixed an issue for devices with multiple monitors resulting in Task View (WIN + Tab) sometimes showing UWP app thumbnails on the primary monitor rather than the monitor where the app was open.
- We fixed an issue where some key labels were cut off in Armenian full touch keyboard layout.
- We fixed an issue when using the full touch keyboard layout in Korean where pressing the FN key unexpectedly highlighted the IME ON/OFF key. We also fixed an issue for this language where tapping the tab key wouldn’t insert a tab.
- Thanks everyone who shared feedback about the new Japanese Microsoft IME we’ve been working on. With today’s build the IME and settings pages are returning to the ones that we shipped with the October 2018 Update, while we take your feedback into consideration.
- We fixed an issue where Narrator sometimes did not say anything when reopening Action Center after it was dismissed using the Esc key.
- We fixed an issue where Narrator did not speak the volume level value when using the hardware volume button to change the volume setting.
- We fixed an issue where Narrator command read from current location did not work when on a heading in Wikipedia.
- We fixed an issue where Narrator announced read-only at the end for links.
- We fixed an issue where Narrator continuous reading command read the last word of a sentence twice on a web page in Microsoft Edge.
- We fixed an issue impacting a small number of users enrolled in Microsoft Intune where they might not receive policies.
- We fixed an issue where signing out from inside Windows Sandbox resulted in a blank white window.
- We fixed an issue resulting in running c:\windows\syswow64\regedit.exe not launching regedit in recent builds.
- Settings header rollout update: This is now available across most regions for Insiders in Fast using Home edition and Pro editions of Windows that are not domain joined.
- Small app update: Thanks everyone who reached out about the grid alignment issue in the Calculator – this has been fixed with the 1812 version of the app.
But also the list of know issues is rather long. Happy testing.
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings