[German]Microsoft released the cumulative update KB4497935 for the Windows 10 May 2019 update on Friday, but only for insiders in the slow and release preview ring. In addition there is a Servicing Stack Update and a dynamic update.
Update KB4497935 for Windows 10 V1903
Cumulative Update KB4497935 has been announced on Mai 24, 2019 as an addendum to an already existing article about Preview Build 18362 in Windows-Blog. It raises the OS build to 18362.145 and addresses the following issues:
- Addresses an issue that may prevent Custom URI Schemes for Application Protocol handlers from starting the corresponding application for local intranet and trusted sites on Internet Explorer.
- Addresses an issue that prevents certain apps from launching when you set folder redirection for the Roaming AppData folder to a network path.
- Addresses an issue that my turn off Night light mode during display mode changes.
- Addresses an issue that may distort the rendering of a full-screen game when the Microsoft Game bar is visible on top of the game.
- Addresses an issue that prevents the removal of Bluetooth® peripheral devices from some systems with specific Bluetooth radios.
- Addresses an issue that may cause event 7600 in the Domain Name System (DNS) server event log to contain an unreadable server name.
- Addresses an issue in which the dots per inch (DPI) of the guest does not match the host.
- Addresses an issue that may cause an external USB device or SD memory card to be reassigned to an incorrect drive during installation. For more information, see “This PC can’t be upgraded to Windows 10” error on a computer that has a USB device or SD card attached.
- Addresses an issue in which a File Share Witness does not remove Server Message Block (SMB) handles, which causes a server to eventually stop accepting SMB connections.
- Addresses an issue that prevents an application protocol URL from being opened when hosted on an intranet page.
- Addresses an issue with BranchCache when it is in distributed cache mode. BranchCache may use more disk space than assigned for the republication cache. To fully address the issue, devices that have exceeded the disk space assignments should empty BranchCache using the netsh branchcache flush command.
- Addresses an issue that may prevent some Direct3D applications and games from entering full-screen mode if the display’s orientation has been changed from the default.
- Addresses an issue with creating a Windows catalog file on an x64 system using Windows System Image Manager. For more information, see What’s new in ADK kits and tools.
This update addresses a few issues in Windows 10 V1903, where Microsoft now wants to test with insiders what works. Thus the error in the article in the night light mode (in Microsoft’s known issues list) is addressed. Also the installation bug mentioned in Windows 10 V1903: Known Issues – Part 1with USB media and SD cards is considered with a fix. But for the latter I’m asking me, how this update will help affected persons who are trying to install the feature upgrade using an installation media created with Windows Media Creation Tool. Maybe Microsoft plans to make the patch available later either as a dynamic update or to integrate it into one of the upcoming installation images.
Servicing Stack Update KB4498523
Furthermore the colleagues at deskmodder.de point out a dynamic update KB4502374. This is used during the installation and recovery of Windows 10 to fix installation problems (therefore it is called a reliability update).
PS: At writing this post, there was no other information on the web yet. The updates are also linked on this page.
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings