[German]The developers of the e-mail client Thunderbird have now released version 68.2.0. This is a maintenance update for the main 68 version of the email client.
If you are still using the version 60.x of Thunderbird, you won’t get this update – I just tested it with the Thunderbird 60.9.0 portable. So you have to download the mail client from the Mozilla pages and install it manually. Background is that not all addons are ported yet.
According to the release notes the following fixes and changes have been made in Thunderbird 68.2.0:
- Better visual feedback on unread messages when using the dark theme
- Fixed several problems when editing mailing lists
- Integration with macOS address book and notifications that do not work after introduction of authentication.
- Application windows that do not keep their size after restart.
- Problems upgrading from a 32-bit version of Thunderbird to a 64-bit version. Note: If your profile is still not detected, select it in about:profiles in the troubleshooting information.
- When using a language pack, the default folder names are not localized (will be fixed in TB 68.2.1).
- LDAP lookup does not work when SSL is enabled. Workaround: Disable SSL or turn off the “Get OSCP Responder Server” option in the certificate settings in the advanced options.
If you have installed Lightning, Thunderbird’s calendar add-on, it will automatically be updated to the new version of Thunderbird. If you have problems with the calendar add-on, you can find more information here. The email client is available for download for Windows, Linux and macOS at www.thunderbird.net. The system requirements are described on this website.