A short overview: The developers of 7-Zip, LibreOffice and VLC have released updates of their programs. Here is a short overview.
7-Zip version 18.03
Blog reader Georg S. just send me the tip, that 7-Zip has been updated to version 18.03. But inspecting the project’s web site says, version 18.03 is still beta. The changelog mentions bug fixes and more speed for some packaging procedures. But I like to mention my article Security-Risk: Avoid 7-Zip, where I warned against this program.
LibreOffice version 6.0.2
LibreOffice developers has also released a maintenance update for LibreOffice (announcement here), which upgrades this software for Windows to version 6.0.2. What has been changed can be read in the release notes for the RC1.
VLC Player version 3.0.1/3.0.2
The popular Media Player VLC was upgraded to version 3.0 in February. A few days ago, the developers released version 3.0.1 (21 – 28 February 2018) of the VLC as a maintenance update on the download pages. The changes are documented in the changelog. Version 3.0.2 is already mentioned there (download in the Nightly Builds).
Changes between 3.0.1 and 3.0.2:
* Fix wrong colors in some AVI files
* Fix IFO files playback
* Fix a crash with missing/invalid MPEG SDT
* Update VP8/9/10 ISOBMFF bindings
* Fix mmdevice default audio device handling
* Fix “reset audio volume” being forcefully deactivated
* Allow a default device to be used by VLC
* Fix audio stutter after unpausing
* Fix Growl notifications on recent macOS versions
* Fix conversion output file name encoding
* Fix lua rc & oldrc interfaces host specification