[German]Mozilla's developers have released an update of the email client Thunderbird, that changes the version to 60.3.1. Here are some information about that update.
I received a tip from a blog reader and after I started the update search in Thunderbird, I got the update offer.
According to the release notes, a number of minor bugs have been fixed (e.g. hanger on exit).
- Double-clicking on a word in the Write window sometimes launched the Advanced Property Editor or Link Properties dialog
- Cookie removal (not working since Thunderbird version 52)
- "Download rest of message" not working if global inbox was used
- Encoding problems for users (especially in Poland) when a file was sent via a folder using "Sent to > Mail recipient" due to a problem in the Thunderbird MAPI interface
- According to RFC 4616 and RFC 5721, passwords containing non-ASCII characters are encoded using UTF-8 which can lead to problems with non-compliant providers, for example office365.com. The SMTP LOGIN and POP3 USER/PASS authentication methods are now using a Latin-1 encoding again to work around this issue.
- Shutdown crash/hang after entering an empty IMAP password
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings