[German]The developers of the e-mail client Thunderbird have now released version 68.3.0. This is a maintenance update for the main 68 version of the email client.
Blog reader Andreas has pointed out this update in this comment. If you're still using the 60s version of Thunderbird, you won't get this update (see also the comment here about an earlier version – I just tested it with the Thunderbird 60.9.0 portable). So you have to download the mail client from the Mozilla pages and install it manually. Background is that not all addons are ported yet.
According to the release notes the following fixes and changes have been made in Thunderbird 68.3.0:
- Message display toolbar action WebExtension API
- Navigation buttons are now available in content tabs, for example those opened via an add-on search
- "New email" icon in Windows systray changed from in-tray with arrow to envelope
- Icons of attachments in the attachment pane of the Write window not always correct
- Toolbar buttons of add-ons in the menubar not shown after startup
- LDAP lookup not working when SSL was enabled. LDAP search not working when "All Address Books" was selected.
- Scam link confirmation panel not working
- In Write window, the Link Properties dialog wasn't showing named anchors in context menu
- Calendar: Start-up failed if the application menu is not on the calendar toolbars
Chat: Account reordering via drag-and-drop not working on Instant messaging status dialog (Show Accounts)
Known issues: When upgrading from Thunderbird version 60 to version 68, add-ons are not automatically updated during the upgrade process. They will however be updated during the add-on update check. It is of course possible to reinstall combatible add-on via the Add-ons Manager or via addons.thunderbird.net.
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings