[German]The developers of the e-mail client Thunderbird released version 68.8.0 on 5 May 2020. This is a maintenance update for the 68 main version of the e-mail client, which corrects some bugs, but also contains security fixes.
The note already came from Tom in this comment (thanks for that). Of course I tested immediately, and got the new version offered. During a quick check, the update installed without any problems and I could not detect any errors. According to the Release-Notes there are the following fixes for the new Thunderbird version:
- Account Manager: text fields were too small in some cases
- Account Manager: Authentication method did not update when selecting an SMTP server
- Links with embedded credentials did not open on Windows
- Messages were sometimes sent with a badly formed address when filled from the addressbook
- Accessibility: Screen readers were reporting too many activities from the status bar
- MailExtensions: Setting IMAP messages as read with browser.messages.updated failed to persist
Although the release notes mention various security fixes, this page does not contain any entries for Thunderbird 68.8.0.
The system requirements for the different operating system versions (see also):
- Windows: Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 or above
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.9 or above
- Linux: GTK+ 3.4 or above
The download is available here. By the way, the Thunderbird is free. .
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings