[German]The developers of the e-mail client Thunderbird released version 78.0.11 on July 22, 2020. This is a maintenance update for the 78 main version of the e-mail client, which corrects some bugs.
The colleagues of deskmodder.de point out this update of the e-mail client in the following tweet.
Thunderbird 78.1 korrigiert einige Fehler https://t.co/qhxnOPCX6Y
— Deskmodder (@Deskmodder) July 22, 2020
According to the release notes the following fixes are available for the new Thunderbird version:
- Neu: OpenPGP: Key revocation, extending key expiration, and secret key backup
- Fix: Drag & Drop multiple attachments to macOS Finder created duplicate files
- Fix: Faceted search date and relevance settings not saved
- Fix: FileLink attachments included as a link and file when added from a network drive via drag & drop
- Fix:: About Thunderbird dialog keyboard shortcuts did not work
- Fix: CC'd recipients sometimes displayed collapsed in header pane
- Fix: Incremental search in contacts sidebar did not always display local results when an LDAP server was also in use
- Fix: Contacts sidebar search results cleared after removing a contact
- Fix: OpenPGP: Messages with long Armor Header lines did not display
- Fix: OpenPGP: Messages containing non-UTF-8 text were not supported
- Fix: Various UI and theming fixes
- Fix: Chat: Participants list did not display operator flags
So stability improvements and small bug fixes are included. I didn't find anything about security fixes in the release notes. This version will not be rolled out via auto-update for users of Thunderbird 68.x.
The system requirements for the different operating system versions (see also):
- Windows: Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 or higher
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.9 or later
- Linux: GTK+ 3.4 or higher
The download is available here. By the way, the Thunderbird is free.
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings