[English]Small addendum: Oracles developers have already released Virtualbox version 6.1.16 on October 16, 2020. It is a maintenance update which should fix bugs of earlier versions.
According to changelog the update of version 6.1.16 should fix the following bugs in earlier Virtualbox editions.
- VMM: Fixed random memory corruption and XMM register state corruption inside the VM when Hyper-V is used (bug #19695)
- VMM: Fixed VMSVGA 3D support with Linux guests when Hyper-V is used (bug #19884)
- GUI: Fixed some Qt related crashes on macOS Big Sur
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure integration: Fixed network integration not working behind some proxies
- USB: Mask out remote wake capability to avoid unresponsive devices
- Audio: Fixed issues with audio playback after host goes to sleep (bug #18594)
- Serial: Keep transferring data if the status line monitoring fails
- Serial: Fixed blocking a re-connect when TCP mode is used (bug #19878)
- HPET: Fixed inability of guests to use the last timer
- VBoxManage: Fixed detection of system locale when running 'VBoxManage unattended install' without –locale (bug #19856)
- macOS host: Installer on Big Sur is now reminding user that system has to be rebooted to load the installed KEXTs
- Linux host and guest: Support kernel version 5.9 (bug #19845)
- Linux guest: Workaround to improve resizing of 32-bit VMs with VMSVGA graphics controller, and do not try to use RandR version 1.3 due to bugs causing the X server to hang
- Linux guest: Fixed VBoxService crashing in the CPU hot-plug service under certain circumstances during a CPU hot-unplug event (bugs #19902 and #19903)
- Linux guest: Fixed Guest additions build for RHEL 8.3 beta (bug #19863)
The new version of the virtualization software can be downloaded for Windows, Mac OSX and Linux from this download page. Please note that an updated version of the VirtualBox Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack must also be downloaded and installed. VirtualBox can be used freely, but there are special license conditions for the Extension Pack. On occasion I have to test if Windows 10 can be reinstalled in this version – in the previous versions the setup striked at OOBE at some point.
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings