[German]Oracle's developers have released Virtualbox version 6.1.34 as of April 19, 2022 (while the changelog claims the release was on March 22, 2022, that's probably a typo). It is a maintenance update that is supposed to fix bugs of previous versions.
According to the changelog, the version 6.1.34 update is supposed to fix the following bugs in previous Virtualbox releases.
- VMM: Fix instruction emulation for "cmpxchg16b"
- GUI: Improved GUI behavior on macOS Big Sur and later when kernel extensions are not loaded
- EHCI: Addressed an issue with handling short packets (bug #20726)
- Storage: Fixed a potential hang during disk I/O when the host I/O cache is disabled (bug #20875)
- NVMe: Fixed loading saved state when nothing is attached to it (bug #20791)
- DevPcBios: Addressed an issue which resulted in rejecting the detected LCHS geometry when the head count was above 16
- virtio-scsi: Improvements
- E1000: Improve descriptor handling
- VBoxManage: Fixed handling of command line arguments with incomplete quotes (bug #20740)
- VBoxManage: Improved 'natnetwork list' output
- VBoxManage: NATNetwork: Provide an option (–ipv6-prefix) to set IPv6 prefix
- VBoxManage: NATNetwork: Provide an option (–ipv6-default) to advertise default IPv6 route (bug #20714)
- VBoxManage: Fix documentation of "usbdevsource add" (bug #20849)
- Networking: General improvements in IPv4 and IPv6 area (bug #20714)
- OVF Import: Allow users to specify a different storage controller and/or controller port for hard disks when importing a VM
- Unattended install: Improvements
- Shared Clipboard: Improved HTML clipboard handling for Windows host
- MacOS host: Fix handling of non-ASCII characters in the guest control functionality (bug #20792)
- Linux host and guest: Introduced initial support for kernel 5.17
- Solaris package: Fixes for API access from Python
- Solaris IPS package: Suppress dependency on libpython2.7.so.*
- Linux host and guest: Fixes for Linux kernel 5.14
- Linux Guest Additions: Fixed guest screen resize for older guests which are running libXrandr older than version 1.4
- Linux Guest Additions: Introduced initial support for RHEL 8.6 kernels (bug #20877)
- Windows guest: Make driver install smarter
- Solaris guest: Addressed an issue which prevented VBox GAs 6.1.30 or 6.1.32 from being removed in Solaris 10 guests (bug #20780)
- EFI: Fixed booting from FreeBSD ISO images (bug #19910)
The new version of the virtualization software can be downloaded for Windows, Mac OSX and Linux from this download page. It should be noted that an updated version of the VirtualBox Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack must also be downloaded and installed. VirtualBox can be used freely, but there are special license conditions for the Extension Pack.
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings