[German]In addition to Firefox developers providing updates to the Firefox browser, a new version of the Thunderbird email client has also been released as of July 5, 2022. Thanks to the reader for pointing this out.
According to the Thunderbird release notes, this version includes the following bug fixes:
- Mailbox MSF files could become corrupted under certain circumstances.
- OpenPGP key wizard did not display the status of addresses managed by aliases
- Attaching an external OpenPGP public key failed if it was configured with a subkey ID
- Thunderbird continued to use an old password after it was changed
- Notifications about new emails were displayed only for one email account when multiple accounts were configured
- LDAP address books could not be configured with IPv6 address letters
- CardDAV contacts (especially those hosted by Google) with more than one email address were not always editable
- Address book accessibility improvements
- Various UI improvements
- Icons converted to new style
- Icons in neuen Stil konvertiert
No vulnerabilities were closed.
The system requirements for the different operating system versions (see here for more details):
- Windows: Windows 7 or higher
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.12 or higher
- Linux: GTK+ 3.14 or higher
The download of the free Thunderbird is available here.
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings