[German]NetScaler, a division of Cloud Software Group, has made the decision to end the sale (EoS) perpetual licensing of its hardware (MPX, SDX) and software (VPX/BLX) for NetScaler (Citrix ADC, Application Delivery Controller). It was announced that the sale of these licenses will end on March 8, 2023. Going forward, the products will be available through NetScaler subscription licenses.
I became aware of the issue via the following tweet from Carl Stalhood. The end of sale applies to NetScaler (Citrix ADC) perpetual hardware license (MPX, SDX) and perpetual software license (VPX/BLX) and is effective March 8, 2023.
This affects all NetScaler (Citrix ADC) hardware (MPX, SDX) and software (VPX/BLX), & Standard Edition for all NetScaler (Citrix ADC) products.
- Sales of NetScaler MPX and SDX hardware sold as perpetually licensed devices will end on March 8, 2023, including field conversions from MPX to SDX and throughput or edition upgrades.
- VPX/BLX offerings with perpetual licenses will no longer be sold after March 8, 2023.
- Lower-end VPX subscriptions (VPX10 Mbps and VPX 25 Mbps) will no longer be sold after March 8, 2023.
- NetScaler Standard Edition will be discontinued for all models on March 22, 2023.
- Sales of cold spares will end on March 8, 2023.
This announcement applies ONLY to NetScaler ADC hardware and software with perpetual licenses. NetScaler can still be purchased as a subscription license. This is because NetScaler subscription licenses will remain and will be the preferred way to purchase NetScaler ADC starting March 8, 2023. The details can be read in the support article Notice Of Change Announcement for NetScaler (Citrix ADC) Perpetually Licensed Hardware and Software.
NetScaler is a set of networking products from Cloud Software Group. The products consist of NetScaler, an application delivery controller, NetScaler AppFirewall, an application firewall. The Citrix Netscaler is a fully managed, globally available, cloud-based service through which adaptive and protected access to applications and data can be established. The NetScaler gateway is primarily used to provide secure access to an internal Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops infrastructure for external users.
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings