[German]Oracle has released Virtualbox Version 5.1.14, which is a maintenance release of this virtualization software, for Windows, Linux and Mac OS. Here is what’s new.
The change log list the following fixes and improvements for Virtualbox 5.1.14.
- VMM: fixed emulation of certain instructions for 64-bit guests on 32-bit hosts
- VMM: properly handle certain MSRs for 64-bit guests on ancient CPUs without VT-x support for MSR bitmaps (bug #13886)
- GUI: fixed a crash with multimonitor setups under certain conditions
- GUI: allow cloning of snapshots when the VM is running
- NVMe: fixed compatibility with the Storage Performance Development Kit (SPDK, bug #16368)
- VBoxSVC: fixed a crash under rare circumstances
- VBoxManage: added a sanity check to modifymedium –resize to prevent users from resizing their hard disk from 1GB to 1PB (bug #16311)
- Windows hosts: another fix for recent Windows 10 hosts
- Linux hosts: Linux 4.10 fixes
- Linux Additions: fixed protocol error during certain operations on shared folders (bug #8463)
Virtualbox for Windows, Mac OS and Linux may be downloaded here. Note that also an updated version of Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack is required.