Windows Insider Program is well known and open to all (private users as well as business IT professionals). But Microsoft has announced now Windows Insider Program for Business "WIP for Business" (WIP4Biz).
This neowin.net article spreads the news first, that the announcement of "Windows Insider Programm for Business (WIP4Biz)" has been made by Microsoft's Bill Karagounis on Microsoft Ignite Australia 2017 (14. – 17. February 2017). I haven't found too much other details online – in January 2017 Bill Karagounis posted this tweet:
— Bill Karagounis (@Billkar44) 23. Januar 2017
Also this article at windows10update.com contains a few details. Microsoft's goal is it, to be deeper "on things that are critical in corporate and business environments". neowin.net cites the following topics.
Bring Commercial Insiders into the community
- Build a community of like-minded individuals to share information
- Create experiences to build excitement and engagement with WIP
- Advocate for the needs of the community with product changes including software updates and the supporting communication
Get feedback on commercial features/functionalities
- Provide a scalable feedback mechanism for Insiders at all levels
- Listen to businesses' and Insiders' needs and requirements
- Test our new commercial features, migrate business workflows to pre-release software where appropriate and provide feedback
Support Windows Commercial deployment
- Deliver information about new features in Windows and the benefits to the Insider's organization while supporting end user adoption
- Offer a channel to have a real-time dialogue with WIP and Microsoft
- Share success stories, provide role models and connections
WIP4BIZ shall be detailled withint he next months. Jeremiah Marble from Windows 10 group has a profile on Feedback Hub Online, mention WIP4Biz. And this tweet from Bill Karagounis links to Jeremiah and Dona Sarkar. Preregistration is open at aka.ms/wip4itpros. What do you think: Old stuff, or badly needed?
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings