[German]Microsoft released the cumulative update KB4058258 for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update on January 31, 2018. The stability update KB4074608 has also been released. And there are other updates ( KB4077735, KB4078128 and KB4057790). Here are some information about these updates.
Update KB4058258 for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
Cumulative Update KB4058258 for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update is the third patch for this Windows 10 build in January 2018.
These issues has been fixed
This update contains quality improvements, but no new operating system functions. The most important changes include:
- Addresses a compatibility issue where colors are distorted when the system is connected to displays that support wide color gamut.
- Addresses a condition where a second monitor that is connected to legacy AMD display adapters flashes after waking from sleep.
- Addresses issue that causes delays when switching keyboard languages using Alt+Shift.
- Addresses compatibility issues when rendering certain closed captions or subtitle formats during video playback.
- Addresses issue where the Microsoft Edge Allow Extension Group Policy for the disabled state was not working.
- Provides additional protections for 32-bit (x86) versions of Windows 10, version 1709.
- Resolves the issue reported by some customers on a small subset of older AMD processors where the processor entered an unbootable state after installing January 3, 2018—KB4056892 (OS Build 16299.192).
This update raises the OS Build to 16299.214. If you have installed previous updates, only the new fixes contained in this package are downloaded and installed on the system.
This update is automatically downloaded and installed by Windows Update. Alternatively, this update can be downloaded from the Microsoft Update Catalog.
Known issues with this update
Cumulative Update KB4058258 for Windows 10 Version 1709 comes with several know issues mentioned within the Microsoft KB article.
- Windows Update History reports that KB4058258 failed to install because of error 0x80070643. ven though the update was successfully installed, Windows Update incorrectly reports that the update failed to install. To verify the installation, select Check for updates to confirm that there are no additional updates available.
- After installing this update, some users may experience issues logging into some websites when using third-party account credentials in Microsoft Edge.
Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release. And because of an issue that affects some versions of antivirus software, this fix applies only to computers on which the antivirus ISV updated the ALLOW REGKEY.
There is a DWORD value cadca5fe-87d3-4b96-b7fb-a231484277cc set to 0x00000000 required.
Mouse bug unfixed
Stability update KB4074608 for Windows 10 Version 1709
Microsoft released the stability update KB4074608 for Windows 10 Version 1709 on January 31, 2018. The update replaces KB4054022 (11.2017) and KB4058702 (January 3,2018).
This update does not appear in the update history of the settings app. But it's within the system control panel's update history. This is a Servicing Stack update (no longer uninstallable). Update KB4074608 is also available via Microsoft Update Catalog.
Update KB4077735 for Windows 10 V1507 (RTM)
Addendum: Microsoft released also update KB4077735 for Windows 10 Version 1507 (RTM, Enterprise in LTSC). This update addresses an issue where WPF will sometimes consume a high percentage of CPU when the console session is not active, and a non-console session is active.
After installing this update, some users may experience issues logging into some websites when using third-party account credentials in Microsoft Edge. Microsoft is aware of this isue and will fix it in an upcoming release.
Update KB4023057 reinstalled
Update KB4023057 was first released by Microsoft on October 11,2017. This is a reliability update. At Askwoody user Abbodi86 pointed out, that this update has been re-installed on January 30, 2018 ausgerollt.
Update KB4078128 for Windows 10
On January 31, 2018, update KB4078128 ("2018-02 Dynamic Update for Windows 10 Version Next") was also released. The update is undocumented so far – here I found a mention and a German blog reader left a comment, that this update was shown on WSUS. It replaces the old Dynamic Updates for Windows 10 Version 1709.
KB4057790 for Windows 10 Version 1709
Microsoft has also released another dynamic update KB4057790 for Windows 10 Version 1709. But there are no further details published from Microsoft yet.
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings