Oracle released the virtualization software VirtualBox version 5.2.12 on May 9, 2018. This is a maintenance update which should fix some bugs.
According to the change log Virtualbox 5.2.12 brings the following fixes and improvements.
- Serial: fixed possible data corruption when sending data under certain circumstances
- Video recording: fixed starting / stopping recording under certain circumstances
- Linux hosts: support Linux 4.17 changes. Thank you Larry Finger
- Linux guests: support Linux 4.16 and EL 7.5 kernels (bugs #17676 and #17678)
- Linux guests: 3D fixes for recent guests (bug #17623)
The new version of the virtualization software for Windows, Mac OSX and Linux can be downloaded here. Please note that an updated version of the VirtualBox Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack must also be downloaded and installed. VirtualBox can be used freely, but there are special license conditions for the Extension Pack.