[German]Oracle's developers released Virtualbox version 6.0.4 on January 28, 2019. It is a maintenance release which provides bugfixes for the virtualization software.
Fixes in VirtualBox 6.0.4
The maintenance update of version 6.0.4 changes, according to the changelog the following issues.
- Virtualization core: support Shanghai/Zhaoxin CPUs.
- User interface: handle command line arguments to VirtualBox correctly (bugs #18206 and #18197)
- User interface: improvements to machine manager window, virtual optical disk creator, storage selector window and log viewer window
- User interface: various small fixes and improvements
- Audio: implemented time scheduling for the AC'97 device emulation to keep audio and video in sync
- Graphics: basic support for VMSVGA graphics device in virtual machines using EFI
- Network: fix occasional NATNet crashes (bug #13899)
- Network: worked around problems in certain PCnet drivers on old operating systems
- Serial: fixed connecting to pseudo terminals on POSIX hosts (6.0.0 regression; bug #18319)
- Linux hosts and guests: fix for building kernel modules against Linux 5.0. Thank you Kyle Laker
The new version of the virtualization software can be downloaded for Windows, Mac OSX and Linux from this download page. Please note that an updated version of the VirtualBox Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack must also be downloaded and installed. VirtualBox can be used freely, but there are special license terms for the Extension Pack.
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings