[German]Mozilla’s developer have released version 68.0.2 (and the esr version) of the Firefox browser as a bug fix on August 14, 2019. Here is a brief overview of what will change in the new version.
The Firefox release notes the following changes and bug fixes:
- Fixed a bug that caused some special characters at the end of search terms to be truncated when searching the URL bar (bug 1560228).
- Allows fonts to be loaded via file:// URLs when opening a page locally (bug 1565942).
- Printing emails from Outlook Web Application no longer prints only the header and footer (bug 1567105).
- Fixed a bug that caused some images not to display when reloading, including Google Maps (bug 1565542).
- Fixed bug when starting external applications configured as URI handlers (Bug 1567614)
According to the release notes, Firefox 68.0.2esr contains the same bug fixes. Furthermore, the following security flaws are fixed in the Firefox versions:
CVE-2019-11733: Saved passwords in ‘Saved logins’ can be copied without entering the master password.
When a master password is set, it is required to be entered before stored passwords can be accessed in the ‘Saved Logins’ dialog. It was found that locally stored passwords can be copied to the clipboard thorough the ‘copy password’ context menu item without first entering the master password, allowing for potential theft of stored passwords.