[German]Oracle's developers have released Virtualbox version 6.0.14 on October 15, 2019. It is a maintenance update to fix bugs of earlier versions.
According to the changelog the maintenance update of version 6.0.14 should fix the following bugs in earlier Virtualbox editions.
- Virtualization core: fixed an invalid-guest state guru meditation in some rare circumstances on Intel hosts
- Virtualization core: some fixes for systems with lots of processors
- Audio: relaxed VRM / VRA (variable rate audio) bit checks to provide more compatibility for guests running ALSA setups with the AC'97 emulation
- USB: made device capturing for passthrough more accurate and reliable on Windows host
- Network: fixed potential issue with interrupt signalling for network adapters in UEFI guests
- 3D: fixed flicker and redraw issues when using VBoxSVGA or VMSVGA graphics adapter (bugs #18562, #18956)
- 3D: fixed crash with some applications when using VBoxSVGA or VMSVGA graphics adapter (bug #18638)
- macOS host: fix crash of GUI VM process which showed up frequently with 10.15 Catalina (bug #18990)
- Linux host: support Linux 5.3, thank you Larry Finger (see also bug #18911)
- Linux host: improve python version detection during rpm package creation, can change package dependencies and fix some installation problems
- Linux guests: calls to aio_read(3) and aio_write(3) may fail inside shared folders (bug #18805)
- Linux guests: fix problem with shared folder unmounting in service script, thank you Denis Ryndine (bug #18853)
- Linux guests: VBox 6.0.10 GAs fail to compile on Red Hat/CentOS/Oracle Linux 7.7 and Red Hat 8.1 Beta (bug #18917)
The new version of the virtualization software can be downloaded for Windows, Mac OSX and Linux from this download page. Please note that an updated version of the VirtualBox Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack must also be downloaded and installed. VirtualBox can be used freely, but there are special license terms for the Extension Pack.
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings