[German]The developers of the e-mail client Thunderbird released version 78.2.2 of the e-mail client on September 10, 2020. This is a maintenance update for the 78 main version of the e-mail client, which provides some fixes.
German blog reader Gerold points out in this comment, that an update of the program is available (thanks for that). According to the release notes, Thunderbird version 78.2.2 is only offered as a direct download from thunderbird.net and not as an upgrade from Thunderbird version 68 or earlier. A future version will include updates from previous versions. Automatic updates are available for users who are already running version 78.0 or higher.
Changes in Thunderbird 78.2.2
The following new features and changes in Thunderbird 78.2.2 are listed in the release notes:
- New: Drag and Drop reordering of recipient pills now supported
- Changes: OpenPGP: Some signature states reported as “mismatch” now report “unknown”
- Chat: Non-functional Twitter support removed
In addition, the following bug fixes are included:
- OpenPGP: Improvements to key importing when failures occur
- OpenPGP: Decryption did not work with certain HTTP proxy configurations
- OpenPGP: “Discover keys online” option did not work when searching for an email address
- Email filters reported failure when moving a message to original folder
- Message filters: Filters shown as enabled in configuration dialog were not always enabled
- vCard 2.1 attachments not handled properly
- Sending messages sometimes failed when recipients were in LDAP address book
- Non-functional help menu items removed
- Calendar: Event reminder details were unreadable
- Windows 10 high-contrast theme fixes
- More theme fixes and improvements
- MailExtensions: Adding custom headers with mail.compose.other.header did not work
A known issue is that selecting “Cancel” at the master password prompt at startup incorrectly reports corrupted OpenPGP data.
Note, however, the limited add-on support: Starting with version 78.0, Thunderbird only supports MailExtensions. It is possible that the add-ons preferred by various users have not been updated for compatibility reasons.
The system requirements for the different operating system versions (see also):
- Windows: Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 or higher
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.9 or higher
- Linux: GTK+ 3.4 or higher
The download is available here. Thunderbird is free of charge.