[German]Microsoft has released the cumulative update KB4580364 for Windows 10 Version 2004 and 20H2 on October 29, 2020. This update had been tested with Windows insiders for one week (see Windows 10 20H2/2004: Update KB4580364 (19042.608) released for Insider)).
Blog reader EP has given a hint about that update release (thanks). A list of the updates can be found on this Microsoft website. I have extracted the details below. The update installation requires an existing current Servicing Stack Updates (SSUs). Meanwhile, Microsoft publishes an overview of current Servicing Stack Updates (SSUs) under ADV990001 (if it is not up to date, please check the Microsoft Update Catalog for Servicing Stack Updates).
Important: From July 2020 all Windows updates disable the RemoteFX vGPU features due to the CVE-2020-1036 vulnerability (see also KB4570006). After installing this update, attempts to start virtual machines (VM) with RemoteFX vGPU enabled will fail.
Update KB4580364 for Windows 10 2004/20H2
Cumulative Update KB4580364 raises Windows 10 20H2 to build 19042.610, Windows 10 2004 is raised to build 19041.610. The optional update contains the following highlights:
- Introducing Meet Now in the Windows 10 Taskbar
- Updates an issue that causes a device to stop responding after you have been using a pen for several hours.
It contains the following fixes and Improvements:
- Addresses an issue with using Group Policy Preferences to configure the homepage in Internet Explorer.
- Allows administrators to use a Group Policy to enable Save Target As for users in Microsoft Edge IE Mode.
- Addresses an issue with untrusted URL navigations from Internet Explorer 11 by opening them in Microsoft Defender Application Guard using Microsoft Edge.
- Addresses an issue that occurs when using the full suite of developer tools in Microsoft Edge for remote debugging on a Windows 10 device.
- Addresses an issue that displays nothing on the screen for five minutes or more during the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) session.
- Addresses an issue that prevents certain Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) users from searching for files using File Explorer.
- Addresses an issue that causes a device to stop responding after you have been using a pen for several hours.
- Addresses an issue that causes an application to stop responding temporarily, which causes extra z-order operations that affect the Window.Topmost property of a window.
- Addresses an issue that might cause Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) apps to stop working.
- Addresses an issue that occurs when you first sign in to an account or unlock an existing user session using Remote Desktop Services (RDS). If you enter an incorrect password, the current keyboard layout changes unexpectedly to the system default keyboard layout. This keyboard layout change might cause additional attempts to sign in to fail or lead to account lockouts in domains with low account lockout thresholds.
- Addresses an issue that displays the incorrect CPU frequency for certain processors.
- Addresses a performance issue that occurs when PowerShell reads the registry to check if the ScriptBlockLogging registry key is in the registry.
- Addresses an issue that randomly changes the time offset of the time format returned by the command WMIC.exe OS Get localdatetime/ value.
- Addresses an issue that prevents Microsoft User Experience Virtualization (UE-V) from assigning the Microsoft Outlook Signatures.
- Addresses an issue that prevents Hybrid Azure Active Directory joined devices from updating portal information when a device name or Windows version changes.
- Addresses an issue that might prevent the Smart Cards for Windows service from starting.
- Adds a new Microsoft Event Tracing for Windows (ETW) provider named “Microsoft-Antimalware-UacScan”. This ETW provider reports the details of the context for each User Account Control (UAC) request in the ETW provider manifest.
- Addresses an issue with virtual private network (VPN) connections that use Secured Password (EAP-MSCHAP v2) for authentication and have enabled the “Automatically use my Windows logon user name and password” property. When you connect to this type of VPN, an authentication dialog box incorrectly prompts for your credentials.
- Displays Recovery Partitions in the diskpart utility.
- Addresses an issue that causes stop error 0xd1 in msiscsi.sys. This issue occurs when moving certain arrays from one cluster node to another.
- Addresses an issue that causes the IAutomaticUpdatesResults::get_LastInstallationSuccessDate method to return 1601/01/01 when there are no active updates.
- Adds support for the Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.1 and 1.2 protocols when connecting to SQL Server using the data providers in Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC).
- Addresses an issue with SQL Server that might cause performance issues if you configure a Linked Server provider to load out-of-process.
- Addresses an issue that might degrade Windows performance and prevent the LanmanServer service from starting when third-party software uses LanmanServer custom file system controls (FSCTL).
- Addresses an issue with deduplication that causes long wait times on Resilient File System (ReFS) Cluster Shared Volumes (CSV).
- Addresses an issue that might prevent some applications from behaving correctly. This occurs when you publish them as Remote Application Integrated Locally (RAIL) applications using RDS and change the docking for an AppBar window.
- Addresses an issue with a deadlock in the Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCPIP) driver that causes the operating system to stop working or stop responding.
- Addresses an issue that causes the Routing and Remote Access Service (RRAS) to stop responding for new connections. However, RRAS continues working for existing connections.
- Addresses an issue that causes the RRAS administrator Microsoft Management Console (MMC) to stop responding randomly when you are performing administrative tasks or at startup.
Addresses an issue with starting Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL2) on ARM64 devices that occurs after installing KB4579311.
This update is offered as an optional download and installation from Windows Update. This update is also available in the Microsoft Update Catalog. This update is not offered in WSUS, but it can be imported from the Microsoft Update Catalog. Microsoft strongly recommends that you install the latest service stack update (SSU) KB4577266 for your operating system before you install the latest cumulative update (LCU).
Microsoft has also released an update directly for the Windows Update Client to improve its reliability. This is rolled out outside of Windows Update if the machine is compatible and not an LTSC variant and updates have not been blocked by GPO.
For the update, Microsoft indicates that users of the Microsoft Input Method Editor (IME) for Chinese and Japanese may receive an error, or the application may stop responding or close when it attempts to drag with the mouse. For details, see KB4564002. Details about the update and known issues can be found in the KB article.
Microsoft Office Patchday (October 6, 2020)
Microsoft Security Update Summary (October 13, 2020)
Patchday: Windows 10 Updates (October 13, 2020)
Patchday: Windows 8.1/Server 2012 Updates (Oct. 13, 2020)
Patchday: Updates for Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 (Oct. 13, 2020)
Patchday Microsoft Office Updates (October 13, 2020)
Windows 10 V2004: Issues with Update KB4579311
Windows 10 20H2/2004: Update KB4580364 (19042.608) released for Insider
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings