[German]The developers of the e-mail client Thunderbird released Thunderbird 78.5.0 on November 17, 2020. This is a security update for the 78 main version of the e-mail client, which fixes bugs and closes vulnerabiblities.
The colleagues of deskmodder.de have pointed out this update. The update was also offered and installed. According to the release notes there are the following new features:
- OpenPGP: Added an option to disable attaching the public key to a signed message
- MailExtensions: Added context “compose_attachments” to the menu API
- MailExtensions: API menus now available on displayed messages
Changed: MailExtensions: browser.tabs.create is now waiting for the event “mail delayed start finished”. The update contains the following fixes:
- OpenPGP: Support for inline PGP messages improved
- OpenPGP: Message security dialog showed unverified keys as not available
- Chat: New chat contact menu item did not work
In addition, various themes and usability improvements were introduced. In addition, there are three vulnerabilities that were rated as high and are now closed, which are documented here.
The system requirements for the different operating system versions (see also where further details can be found):
- Windows: Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 or higher
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.9 or higher
- Linux: GTK+ 3.4 or higher
The download is available here. The Thunderbird is free of charge.
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings