[German]he developers of the email client Thunderbird have released Thunderbird 78.8.0 on February 23, 2021. It is a maintenance update for the 78 main version of the email client, which fixes bugs and closes vulnerabilities.
According to the release notes there are no new features but the following bug fixes:
- Importing an address book from a CSV file always reported an error
- Security information for S/MIME messages was not displayed correctly prior to a draft being saved
- Calendar: FileLink UI fixes for Caldav calendars
- Recurring tasks were always marked incomplete; unable to use filters
- Various UI widgets not working
- Dark theme improvements
- Extension manager was missing link to addon support web page
In addition, there are five closed vulnerabilities, which are documented here and some of them are listed with priority High.
The system requirements for the different operating system versions (see also):
- Windows: Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 or higher
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.9 or higher
- Linux: GTK+ 3.4 or higher
The download is available here. By the way, Thunderbird is free of charge.
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings