[German]The developers of the Thunderbird email client have released Thunderbird 78.9.1 on April 8, 2021. It is a maintenance update for the 78 main version of the email client, which fixes various bugs and vulnerabilities.
According to the release notes, support for recipient aliases for OpenPGP encryption has been added (see). In addition, there are fixed vulnerabilities and the following bug fixes:
- The key and signature parts of the message security popup on a received message could not be selected for copy/paste.
- Various UX and theme improvements
In addition, the developers have fixed three vulnerabilities, all rated with the threat level moderate.
The system requirements for the different operating system versions (see here for more details):
- Windows: Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 or higher
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.9 or higher
- Linux: GTK+ 3.4 or higher
The download is available here. By the way, Thunderbird is free of charge
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings