[German]On October 5, 2021(first Tuesday of the month, Office Patchday) Microsoft releases non-security updates for still supported versions of Microsoft Office. This month, however, there is only one update for Microsoft Office 2016. Here is a brief overview.
The updates apply to the installable MSI version of Office and are delivered via Windows Update. Click-to-run packages will receive the updates through other channels. For this reason, Office 2019 no longer appears in the list below, where only click-to-run installers are available. Microsoft lists the updates on this page.
The packages are distributed automatically via Windows Update, but can also be downloaded and installed manually via the linked KB articles. This time there were only the following updates:
- Update for Microsoft Access 2016 (KB5001978): This update fixes an issue where records dropped into a subform are discarded when the main form is closed.
- Update for Microsoft Office 2016 (KB3114524): After you apply this update, the ADAL.dll version is updated from 1.0.2019.0909 to 1.0.2019.1912. This update makes login.windows.net independent of Office modern authentication (ADAL).
- Update for Microsoft Office 2016 (KB4462197): This update fixes an issue that prevents the Attachments dialog box from locating properly when you view or edit an attachment in Access.
- Update for Microsoft Office 2016 (KB4486711): This update fixes an issue in which the Data Loss Prevention module does not detect some sensitive information.
- Update for Microsoft Outlook 2016 (KB5001998):This update fixes an issue where the "Join Event" button does not appear in the Microsoft Teams meeting notification e-mail that is submitted through an attached ICS file
The update is automatically deployed via Windows Update, but can also be downloaded from the Microsoft Download Center and installed manually. The download addresses can be found in the linked KB article. By the way, Office 2016 dropped out of mainstream support on October 13, 2020, but will still get security updates until October 14, 2025. From there, I find it amazing that such functional fixes to bugs are still happening. Details as well as instructions on how to download and install the updates can be found in the linked KB articles.
There were no updates for this version of Office. Office 2010 has been out of support since October 2020 and has also not received an update.
Microsoft Office Patchday (October 5, 2021)
Microsoft Oktober 2021 Patchday (2021/10/12)
Patchday: Windows 10-Updates (October 12, 2021)
Patchday: Windows 8.1/Server 2012 Updates (October 12, 2021)
Patchday: Updates for Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 (October 12, 2021)
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings