[German]On October 12, Microsoft has released various updates for Windows 7 SP1 systems that are still in ESU support. Also with ESU Bypass v11 the whole thing still works. But these security updates are also available for Windows Server 2008 R2 with ESU support. Here is some information about the Monthly Rollup and Security only Updates for this operating system.
Updates for Windows 7/Windows Server 2008 R2
For Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 a rollup and a security-only update have been released. However, these updates are only available for systems with ESU license (2nd year). The update history for Windows 7 can be found on this Microsoft page.
The update installation requires either a valid ESU license for 2021, or ESU Bypass v11 (see).
KB5006743 (Monthly Rollup) for Windows 7/Windows Server 2008 R2
Update KB5006743 (Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1) contains (besides the security fixes from the previous month) improvements and bug fixes and addresses the following:
- Addresses an issue in which an Internet print server cannot package the driver to send to the client.
- Implements a Group Policy setting for the following registry value (see KB5005010):
- Registry location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Printers\PointAndPrint
- Value name: RestrictDriverInstallationToAdministrators
- Value data: 1
- Adds the ability to configure period or dot (.) delimited IP addresses interchangeably with fully qualified host names in the following Group Policy settings:
- Addresses an issue in which Security Account Manager (SAM) events are not displayed properly in the Event Viewer.
Details about the fixed vulnerabilities can be found on this page. This update is automatically downloaded and installed via Windows Update. The package is also available via Microsoft Update Catalog and is distributed via WSUS. Details about the requirements and known issues can be found in the KB article.
KB5006728 (Security Only) for Windows 7/Windows Server 2008 R2
Update KB5006728 (Security-only update) is available for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 with ESU license. The update addresses the following issue.
This update contains miscellaneous security improvements to internal OS functionality. No additional issues were documented for this release.
The update is available via WSUS or in the Microsoft Update Catalog. To install the update, you must meet the prerequisites listed in the KB article and in the rollup update above. The update has the errors described in the KB article. In addition, Internet Explorer 11 security update KB5006671 dated Oct 2021 should be installed. Be sure to install the latest Servicing Stack Update beforehand.
Microsoft Office Patchday (October 5, 2021)
Microsoft Oktober 2021 Patchday (2021/10/12)
Patchday: Windows 10-Updates (October 12, 2021)
Patchday: Windows 8.1/Server 2012 Updates (October 12, 2021)
Patchday: Updates for Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 (October 12, 2021)
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings