[German]Oracle's developers have already released Virtualbox version 6.1.30 on November 22, 2021. It is a maintenance update that is supposed to fix bugs of previous versions.
According to the changelog, the version 6.1.30 update is supposed to fix the following bugs in previous Virtualbox releases.
- VMM: Fixed 6.1.28 regression preventing VMs starting when using Hyper-V mode on Windows 10
- GUI: Fixed inability to complete First Run wizard after browsing for an external image
- GUI: Fixed crash on macOS Big Sur while browsing for an external image from First Run wizard
- GUI: Fixed bug on Windows with inability to save taken screenshot under a folder with native name (bug #15561)
- GUI: Fixed bug on X11 with drag and drop initiated on single mouse click in VM storage settings
- GUI: Fixed settings check on machines not supporting hardware virtualization
- GUI: Non critical media related errors should not cause modal pop-up error messages
- Host-only networking: Fixed crash parsing /etc/vbox/networks.conf
- DVD: Fixed drive lock handling across VM reset
- VBoxHeadless: Fixed crash when running on macOS Monterey (bug #20636)
- VBoxManage: Fixed incorrect help text for "hostonlyif"
- vboximg-mount: Error message if no image is specified
- macOS host: fix multiple bugs specific to macOS Monterey in installer and startup of kernel extensions
- macOS host: show message indicating the unsupported CPU on M1 based Macs and abort installation
- Linux host: For all distribution specific packages (deb/rpm format) fix the packaging so that the feature for unattended installation of guest OSes works
- Linux host and guest: Introduced initial support for kernel 5.16
- Shared Clipboard: Improved communication between guest and host when guest has no clipboard data to report
- Linux Guest Additions: Allow running only one VBoxDRMClient instance (bug #19373)
The new version of the virtualization software can be downloaded for Windows, Mac OSX and Linux from this download page. It should be noted that an updated version of the VirtualBox Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack must also be downloaded and installed. VirtualBox can be used freely, but there are special license conditions for the Extension Pack. (via)
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings