[German]A quick addendum – Microsoft has also released an optional cumulative (preview) update for Windows Server 2022 on 22 March 2022 (D-Week). No preview update was released for Windows 11. Below I provide an overview regarding these updates for Windows Server 2022.
It should be noted that this update is a so-called preview update. These updates are optional and must be manually triggered for download and installation by default.
Preview updates Windows Server 2022
The update history for Windows Server 2022 is available on this website. The following preview updates for Windows Server 2022 were published on 22 March 2022.
Update KB5011558 for Windows Server 2022
Cumulative preview update KB5011558 for Windows Server 2022 raises the OS build to 20348.617 and contains the following fixes:
- Addresses an issue that affects searchindexer.exe and prevents Microsoft Outlook's offline search from returning recent emails.
- Addresses an issue that causes searchindexer.exe to stop responding during a dismount operation in the Remote Desktop setup environment.
- Addresses an issue in which modern browsers fail to correctly render HTML that is generated by gpresult/h.
- Addresses an issue that causes an "Access denied" exception for a file during a PowerShell test for AppLocker.
- Addresses an issue that returns an error message when you browse for a domain or organizational unit (OU). This issue occurs because of improper zeroing out of memory.
- Addresses an issue that might cause the Group Policy Service to stop processing telemetry information for Group Policy Registry Preferences.
- Addresses an access violation error that causes HTTP.sys to stop working on Windows Server 2022 devices when you enable BranchCache.
- Addresses an issue that might prevent a DNS Server query resolution policy from working as expected when you specify a fully qualified domain name (FQDN) and subnet conditions.
- Addresses a heap leak in PacRequestorEnforcement that degrades the performance of a domain controller.
- Addresses an issue that affects the Key Distribution Center (KDC) Proxy. The KDC Proxy cannot properly obtain Kerberos tickets for signing in to Key Trust Windows Hello for Business.
- Adds support for Microsoft Account (MSA) Pass-through scenarios in Azure Active Directory(AAD) Web Account Manager (WAM).
- Addresses an issue that logs Event ID 37 during certain password change scenarios, including failover cluster name object (CNO) or virtual computer object (VCO) password changes.
- Addresses an issue that might unintentionally add a Trusted Platform Module (TPM) protector when you use the Silent BitLocker enablement policy.
- Addresses an issue that prevents the User Account Control (UAC) dialog from correctly showing the application that is requesting elevated privileges.
- Addresses an issue that prevents Event 4739 from displaying the new values of certain attributes after a policy change.
- Addresses an issue that prevents Android device users from signing in to some Microsoft applications, such as Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Teams. This issue occurs after rolling over token signing and decrypting certificates, resetting a user's password, or when an administrator has revoked refresh tokens.
- Addresses an issue that might cause domain joining to fail in environments that use disjoint DNS hostnames.
- Addresses an issue that prevents the Back button of the credentials window, where you sign in, from being visible in high contrast black mode.
- Addresses an issue that causes the Move-ADObject command to fail when you move computer accounts across domains. The error message is, "Multiple values were specified for an attribute that can have only one value".
- Addresses an issue that prevents you from accessing Server Message Block (SMB) shares using an IP Address when SMB hardening is enabled.
- Addresses an issue that occurs when the Best Practices Analyzer (BPA) values for SMB have not been updated for more recent platforms.
- Addresses an issue that affects Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) and prevents you from creating a CSV query. This issue occurs after you set up Storage Replica (SR) for cluster recovery.
- Addresses an issue that causes a mismatch between NetBIOS and DNS Active Directory domain names when you create a cluster.
- Addresses an issue that causes the Suspend-ClusterNode-Drain command to fail because of a localized name for the Health Service cluster resource name.
The update is optional and is only offered if the administrator explicitly selects optional updates for installation in the settings page. The update can also be downloaded and installed from the Microsoft Update Catalog. The latest Servicing Stack Update (SSU) is integrated. Microsoft lists several known issues related to this update. In case of doubt, further details can be found in the support article.
Microsoft Office Updates (March 1, 2022)
Microsoft Security Update Summary (March 8, 2022)
Patchday: Windows 10-Updates (March 8, 2022)
Patchday: Windows 11/Server 2022-Updates (March 8, 2022)
Windows 7/Server 2008R2; Windows 8.1/Server 2012R2: Updates (March 8, 2022)
Patchday: Microsoft Office Updates (March 8, 2022)
Windows 10 / Windows Server Preview Updates (March 22, 2022)
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings