[German]Microsoft has released a security update (KB5015805) for Internet Explorer on July 12, 2022. However, this is only available separately for selected Windows versions as a cumulative update. Here's an overview of this patch, which is intended to close vulnerabilities in the browser.
KB5015805 is a cumulative security update for Internet Explorer 11 that has been released for the following Windows versions.
- Internet Explorer 11 on Windows Server 2012 R2
- Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 8.1
- Internet Explorer 11 on Windows Server 2012
- Internet Explorer 11 on Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2
- Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7 SP1
Microsoft did not reveal which vulnerabilities this update closes. The patch is offered via Windows Update for Business (WUfB), Microsoft Update Catalog and WSUS. In the support article KB5015805 you can find information about the requirements for the update installation. Those who install update rollups for the named Windows versions will receive the IE update in this package. The above update is to be installed only if a security-only update is installed.
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings