[German]Microsoft has released several security updates on August 8, 2017 for Microsoft Office 2013 and Microsoft Office 2016. Here is an overview, whats’s available.
The update history for MSI installer versions of Microsoft Office may be found at this Microsoft page. Non security related Office updates released on August 1, 2017 are coverd within my blog post Microsoft Office: Non security updates August 1, 2017.
Microsoft Office 2016
Update KB3085435 für Excel 2016
Update KB3085435 contains the following fixes and improvements:
- Improves some translations for the Danish and German versions of Excel 2016.
- Localizes the translation in the warning dialog box that’s displayed when you can’t save a file by clicking Save As.
- Adds some Get & Transform features in Excel 2016. For more information, see KB 4011048 .
- The compiled stream of the VBA project in Excel is corrupted and causes crashes. To work around this issue, install this update and then follow the steps in the “Registry information” section.
- When you try to insert a spreadsheet solution into an embedded worksheet in Excel 2016, Excel 2016 crashes.
- In some scenarios, you may experience a silent failure in saving a file in Excel 2016. Meanwhile, you may receive the following message: Getting a list of available content types and properties.
- For example, this issue occurs when the path of the file name is greater than 255 characters.
- When you try to save a workbook in Excel 2016 that has some third-party add-ins installed, Excel 2016 may crash.
- After you change the type of a chart and then run some VBA scripts that refer to the chart in Excel 2016, Excel 2016 crashes.
Update KB3085403 für Office 2016
Update KB3085403 fixes the following issues.
- When you click Select Data to filter data for a chart in PowerPoint 2016, PowerPoint 2016 may crash.
- After you change the type of a chart and then run some VBA scripts that refer to the chart in Excel 2016, Excel 2016 may crash.
Update KB3085425 für Office 2016
Update KB3085425 fixes the issue, that the pixel length isn’t displayed correctly in OpenDocument Format (ODF) files.
SharePoint Server 2016/Project Server 2010
Microsoft has released the following security updates for those products.
- Update for SharePoint Server 2016 (KB4011049)
- Update for SharePoint Server 2016 (KB4011053)
- Update for Project Server 2013 (KB4011082)
- Cumulatives Update for Project Server 2013 (KB4011074)
- Update for SharePoint Foundation 2013 (KB4011079)
- Update for SharePoint Foundation 2013 (KB4011083)
- Cumulatives Update for SharePoint Foundation 2013 (KB4011073)
- Update for SharePoint Server 2013 (KB4011071)
- Cumulatives Update for SharePoint Server 2013 (KB4011076)
- Cumulatives Update for Project Server 2010 (KB2956055)
- Cumulatives Update for SharePoint Server 2010 (KB2920815)
- Security update for SharePoint Server 2010: August 8, 2017 (KB2956077)
Details may be found within the linked KB articles.
Microsoft August 2017 Patchday Summary
Windows 10: Critical Updates KB4035631 and KB4035632
Patchday August 2017: Updates for Windows 7/8.1
Windows 10: August 2017 Updates KB4038220, KB4034674, KB4034658, KB4034660
Microsoft Office: Non security updates August 1, 2017
Microsoft Office Security Updates (August 8, 2017)
Further Microsoft Updates August 8, 2017