Microsoft has released (June 21, June 2016) a new update rollup KB3161606 for Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2.
According to this Microsoft-document an update rollup is a tested, cumulative set of hotfixes, security updates, critical updates, and updates that are packaged together for easy deployment. A rollup generally targets a specific area, such as security, or a component of a product, such as Internet Information Services (IIS).
June 2016 update rollup for Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 (KB3161606) fixes issues and includes performance and reliability improvements. This update package fixes the problems that are documented in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles.
For Home users (Windows 8.1 Core and Windows RT 8.1)
- KB3163232 Application crashes when you open an earlier version of an Office file in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2
- KB3163974 "Sign in to your Microsoft account" wizard page has only one text box in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2
For IT Professional
- KB3142535 Hard I/O failure with MPIO storage targets connected to Windows Server 2012 R2
- KB3153887 Fine tuning failover cluster network thresholds in Windows Server 2012 R2
- KB3163306 AD FS 3.0 can't connect to native LDAP attribute stores over SSL in Windows Server 2012 R2
- KB3163192 NFS role takes a long time or fails to come online on a Windows Server 2012 R2 cluster
- KB3164088 Memory leak occurs when system calls a certain function to store and look for GUID records in Windows Server 2012 R2
- KB3164345 Stop error occurs when you recover a computer from sleep or restart it in Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1
- KB3135021 File server becomes unresponsive when data deduplication is running in Windows Server 2012 R2
- KB3159393 Memory Leak in IIS ADSI provider in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2
- KB3159985 Crash dump file isn't generated in Windows Server 2012 R2
- KB3162159 Kerberos authentication policy causes requests to fail with a status of KDC_ERR_POLICY in Windows Server 2012 R2
- KB3162871 RD Gateway Manager console crashes with the latest .NET Framework 4.6.1 update on Windows Server 2012 R2
- KB3163023 Windows Update Client for Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2: June 2016
- KB3161579 "Access Denied" error when you run mpclaim.exe command to retrieve MPIO configuration reports in Windows Server 2012 R2
- KB3154769 "Error Cannot Process TPM Attestation" when you try to configure Key Attestation in Windows Server 2012 R2
- KB3163191 Group policies aren't applied during startup and logon in Windows
- KB3154437 Update to remove VPNIKE hardcoded dependency in Windows Server 2012 R2
- KB3153727 Windows Installer with certain actions can't be installed on Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- KB3161639 Update to add new cipher suites to Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge in Windows
- KB3158626 "0xD1" Stop error when a virtual machine crashes on a Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V host
- KB3154228 32-bit icons can't be loaded in OleLoadPictureEx in Windows
This update is provided as an Optional update on Windows Update (the update for Windows RT 8.1 can be obtained only from Windows Update).This update are also available via Update Catalog and via Microsoft Download Center:
Windows 8.1 (32 Bit): Download
Windows 8.1 (64 Bit): Download
Windows Server 2012 R2: Download
The update for Windows RT 8.1 can be obtained only from Windows Update. To apply this update, you must have April 2014 update rollup for Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 (2919355) installed in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2. Also a restart after update installation is required.
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings