[German]Microsoft released the cumulative update KB4284848 for Windows 10 April Update (V1803) on June 26, 2018. Here are some hints what the update changes. And there has been a Servicing Stack Update KB4338853 released for Windows 10 V1803.
Cumulative Update KB4284848
Cumulative Update KB4284848 is available for Windows 10 V1803 and raises the OS build to 17134.137. The update does not introduce any new operating system functions, but only makes quality improvements. Here is the list of changes or addressed bugs.
- Addresses an issue that causes the Video Settings HDR streaming calibration slider to stop working. This is caused by a conflict with the panel brightness intensity settings configured by certain OEMs.
- Addresses streaming compatibility issues with certain live TV streaming content providers.
- Addresses an issue where media content previously generated by Media Center doesn't play after installing the Windows 10 April 2018 update.
- Addresses an issue in which SmartHeap didn't work with UCRT.
- Addresses performance regression in App-V, which slows many actions in Windows 10.
- Addresses an issue that causes Appmonitor to stop working at logoff if the Settingstoragepath is set incorrectly.
- Addresses an issue that causes Appmonitor to stop working at logoff, and user settings are not saved.
- Addresses an issue where client applications running in a container image don't conform to the dynamic port range.
- Addresses an issue where the DNS server might stop working when using DNS Query Resolution Policies with a "Not Equal" (NE) condition.
- Addresses an issue with T1 and T2 custom values after configuring DHCP failover.
- Addresses an issue that causes the latest versions of Google Chrome (67.0.3396.79+) to stop working on some devices.
- Addresses issues with the Remote Desktop client in which pop-up windows and drop-down menus don't appear and right-clicking doesn't work properly. These issues occur when using remote applications.
- Addresses an issue that causes a connection failure when a Remote Desktop connection doesn't read the bypass list for a proxy that has multiple entries.
- Addresses an issue that may cause Microsoft Edge to stop working when it initializes the download of a font from a malformed (not RFC compliant) URL.
- Addresses an issue where some users may receive an error when accessing files or running programs from a shared folder using the SMBv1 protocol. The error is "An invalid argument was supplied".
- Addresses an issue that causes Task Scheduler tasks configured with an S4U logon to fail with the error "ERROR_NO_SUCH_LOGON_SESSION/STATUS_NO_TRUST_SAM_ACCOUNT".
If previous updates are installed, only the new fixes in this package are downloaded and installed on the device. Microsoft indicates that there are no known issues with this update.
The update is delivered via Windows Update as soon as the update search is started. Alternatively, the update can be downloaded and installed via the Microsoft Update Catalog.
When installing both the servicing stack update (SSU) KB4338853 and the latest cumulative update (LCU) from the Microsoft Update Catalog, install the SSU before installing the LCU.
Servicing Stack Update KB4338853
Microsoft has also released Servicing Stack Update KB4338853. This update brings stability improvements to Windows 10 V1803 Servicing Stack.
Patchday: June 2018 Updates for Windows 7/8.1/Server
Patchday: Windows 10 updates June 12, 2018
Patchday Microsoft Office Updates (June 12, 2018)
Microsoft patchday: More updates (June 12, 2018)
Windows 7/8.1 Preview Rollup Updates (June 2018)
Windows 10 V1607-V1709: Updates from June 21, 2018
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings