[German]Oracle’s developers released Virtualbox version 6.0.2 on January 15, 2019. It is a maintenance release which provides bugfixes for the virtualization software.
Changes to VirtualBox 6.0.2
Version 6.0.2 is an update that changes, according to the changelog, the following issues.
- User interface: fixed creation of desktop shortcuts for starting virtual machines (bug #18207)
- User interface: allow the first run window to selecting host drives (bug #18230)
- User interface: fixed attaching empty host optical drives (bug #18223)
- User interface: implemented a new virtual optical disk creation window
- USB: modified Linux backends to reset USB devices (previously, most guest attempts to reset USB devices were ignored)
- PCnet: fixed a regression which caused some PCnet PCI guest drivers to not detect the emulated hardware (bug #18286)
- Linux hosts: fixed conflict between Debian and Oracle build desktop files (bug #18264)
- Linux and MacOS hosts: VirtualBoxVM command not accessible (bug #18257)
- Windows guests: multiple monitor fixes with VBoxSVGA graphics
- Windows guests: black screen with VBoxSVGA graphics when 3D is disabled (bug #18205)
- Linux guests: fixed building drivers on SLES 12.4 (bug #18213)
- Linux guests: fixed building shared folder driver with older kernels (bug #18238)
- OS/2 shared folders: fixed write regression introduced in 6.0.0 GA
The new version of the virtualization software can be downloaded for Windows, Mac OSX and Linux from this download page. Please note that an updated version of the VirtualBox Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack must also be downloaded and installed. VirtualBox can be used freely, but there are special license terms for the Extension Pack.
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings