[German]Microsoft released the KB4476976 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 and Windows Server 2019 on January 22, 2019. Here is a brief overview of what's new.
An overview of Windows 10 updates can be found in the Windows 10 Update History.
Update KB4476976 for Windows 10 V1809
Cumulative Update KB4476976 for Windows 10 V1809 and Windows Server 2019 raises the OS Build to 17763.292. The update contains quality improvements, but no new operating system functions. Here is the list of changes:
- Addresses an issue that may cause Microsoft Edge to stop working with certain display drivers.
- Addresses an issue that may cause third-party applications to have difficulty authenticating hotspots.
- Addresses an issue that causes promotions of non-root domains to fail with the error, "The replication operation encountered a database error." The issue occurs in Active Directory forests in which optional features like Active Directory recycle have been enabled.
- Addresses an issue related to the date format for the Japanese era calendar. For more information, see KB4469068.
- Addresses a compatibility issue with AMD R600 and R700 display chipsets.
- Addresses an audio compatibility issue when playing newer games with 3D Spatial Audio mode enabled through multichannel audio devices or Windows Sonic for Headphones.
- Addresses an issue that may cause audio playback to stop responding when playing Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC) audio content after using a Seek operation such as rewind.
- Addresses an issue that allows users to uninstall apps from the Start menu when the "Prevent users from uninstalling applications from Start menu" group policy is set.
- Addresses an issue that causes File Explorer to stop working when you click the Turn On button for the timeline feature. This issue occurs when the "Allow upload of user activities" group policy is disabled.
- Addresses an issue that prevents users from installing a Local Experience Pack from the Microsoft Store when that language is already set as the active Windows display language.
- Addresses an issue that causes some symbols to appear in a square box on a text control.
- Addresses an issue with two-way audio that occurs during phone calls for some Bluetooth headsets.
- Addresses an issue that may turn off TCP Fast Open by default on some systems.
- Addresses an issue that may cause applications to lose IPv4 connectivity when IPv6 is unbound.
- Addresses an issue on Windows Server 2019 that may break connectivity on guest virtual machines (VMs) when applications inject the low-resource flag on packets.
- Addresses an issue that occurs if you create a page file on a drive with FILE_PORTABLE_DEVICE characteristics. The "Windows created a temporary warning" message appears.
- Addresses an issue that causes Remote Desktop Services to stop accepting connections after accepting several connections.
- Addresses an issue in Windows Server 2019 that causes a Hyper-V VM to remain at the bootloader screen for OS selection when restarting the machine. This issue occurs when Virtual Machine Connection (VMConnect) is attached.
- Addresses an issue with rendering of end-user-defined characters (EUDC) in Microsoft Edge.
The update is optional and will only be offered if the user explicitly requests the search for updates in the settings page. The update can also be downloaded and installed from the Microsoft Update Catalog. Please make sure that the latest Servicing Stack Update (SSU) KB4470788 is installed.
The update has known issues, such as the Access 97 access error when using the Jet Database Engine, or the network error in Edge. I had described these bugs in blog posts (see links below).
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings