[German]A brief note to Windows 10 users with a Intel GPUs. Intel has released a new version 22.214.171.12461 of its DCH graphics driver for 64-bit versions of Windows 10.
After version 126.96.36.19909 of the graphics driver (released in April 2o19) already supported the upcoming Windows 10 May 2019 update (V1903), the current version focuses on fixes and performance improvements according to the release notes (removed).
The new DCH graphics driver version 188.8.131.5261 is available for Windows 10 V1709 to V1903 and supports the games Plague Tale: Innocence, Total War: Three Kingdoms and Conan Unconquered. In addition, the driver brings performance improvements in the following areas:
- Improved performance and image quality when Conservative Morphological Anti-Aliasing (CMAA) is enabled for DX12 games and 3D applications.
- Reduced compilation time on OpenCL shaders
- Playability improvements and performance optimizations for Total War: Three Kingdoms*, Totally Accurate Battle Simulator*, and Risk of Rain 2*
In its release notes, Intel also states further highligths for the driver.
- Support for OpenGL 4.6 API
- Various additions to D3D12 MetaCommand support in DirectML.
- The Intel® Graphics Control Panel SDK now allows for control of Local Adaptive Contrast Enhancement (LACE) sensitivity (low/med/high) on platforms where available
- New Vulkan extensions
- VK_EXT_depth_clip_enable : allows the explicitly control depth clipping operation
- VK_EXT_host_query_reset : adds a new function to reset queries from the host
- VK_EXT_scalar_block_layout : enables C-like structure layout for SPIR-V blocks
- VK_KHR_shader_float16_int8 : allows use of 16-bit floating-point types and 8-bit integer types in shaders for arithmetic operations
The driver is available for the following 64-Bit Windows 10 versions
- Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709)
- Microsoft Windows 10 April 2018 Update (1803)
- Microsoft Windows 10 October 2018 Update (1809)
- Microsoft Windows 10 May 2019 Update (1903)
and the Intel platforms listet below:
- 6th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) processor family (Codename Skylake)
- 7th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) processor family (Codename Kaby Lake)
- 8th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) processor family (Codename Kaby Lake-R, Coffee Lake)
- 9th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) processor family (Codename Coffee Lake-R)
- Amber Lake
- Apollo Lake
- Gemini Lake
- Whiskey Lake
Here are the key issues that has been fixed within the new driver version:
- Intermittent crashes or hangs may occur in World War Z* (Vulkan), Rocket Arena*, World of Warships*, Maxon Cinema 4D*
- Minor graphics anomalies may be observed in Apex Legends* (low settings with TSAA disabled on 6th generation Intel® Core Processors only), Generation Zero*, Imperator Rome*, Devotion* (when anti-aliasing enabled), Maxon Cinema 4D*, Creo View* while hovering mouse over objects
- A display hotplugged to a type-c DisplayPort hub may not be detected
- Video output may not update while changing the input range from ‘Full’ to ‘Limited’ in the Intel® Graphics Command Center
- Miracast display may show black screen when connected over an HDCP 2.3 dongle
- ntermittent hangs may occur when using Media SDK to encode MPEG2 on 7th Generation Intel® Core processors or higher
- Aniostropic filtering and CMAA Anti-aliasing settings may not apply to games and 3D applications in Intel Graphics Command Center (IGCC)