[German]Microsoft regularly releases new Servicing Stack Updates (SSUs) for the still supported Windows versions. Here is a short list of the current SSUs as of October 2019.
Microsoft publishes a list of SSUs on its website at ADV990001. But as stated in this German comment this list is not always up to date. Blog reader Karl published the updated list shown below (as of October 2019). Karl writes about it:
I recommend the installation no matter if affected by the listed issue. Based on the experiences of Win7 SSU and other occurrences we can assume that MS plans his future servicing on this installed SSU.
Here is the updated list of Servicing Stack updates for the various Windows.
- KB4517134, 09. Sep 2019, Win Vista SP2 / Server 2008 SP2 (+Itanium) (6.0.x)
- KB4490628, Mar 2019 + KB4516655, 30. Sep 2019, Win 7 SP1 / Server 2008 R2 SP1 / Embedded (+Itanium) (6.1.x)
- KB4521857, 07. Oct 2019, Win 8 / Server 2012 / Embedded (6.2.x)
- KB4521864, 07 Oct 2019, Win 8.1 / Server 2012 R2 (6.3.x)
- KB4521856, 07. Oct 2019, Win 10 1507 SAC / LTSC (10.10240.x)
- KB4035632, 08. Aug 2017, Win 10 1511 SAC (10.10586.x)
- KB4521858, 07. Oct 2019, Win 10 1607 SAC / LTSC / Server 2016 LTSC (10.14393.x)
- KB4521859, 07. Oct 2019, Win 10 1703 SAC (10.15063.x)
- KB4521860, 07. Oct 2019, Win 10 1709 SAC / Server 2016 SAC (+ARM64) (10.16299.x)
- KB4521861, 07. Oct 2019, Win 10 1803 SAC / Server 2016 SAC (+ARM64) (10.17134.x)
- KB4521862, 07. Oct 2019, Win 10 1809 SAC / Server 2019 LTSC / SAC (+ARM64) (10.17763.x)
- KB4521863, 07. Oct 2019, Win 10 1903 SAC / 19H2 slow, 1909 RP (+ARM64) (10.18362.x)
Important Notes: SSU for 2008 without R2 and 2012 without R2 has been updated after many years.
The SSU for 1507 only apply to LTSC versions, despite 1507 Home and Pro is broken at the moment and will not receive any updates or upgrades. I’ve reported this to Microsoft
This is different for other unsupported versions such as 1607 or later. Detailed reference in this group: Investigating Windows 10 “end of support”
- Improves the Secure Boot revocation list (DBX) update experience to avoid multiple restarts when you deploy the DBX update on a device where the Credential Guard service is not running.
- Addresses an issue in which the Secure Boot revocation list (DBX) is not applied when the Secure Boot allow list (DB) update is empty.
We strongly recommend you install the latest servicing stack update (SSU) for your operating system before installing the latest cumulative update (LCU). Installing servicing stack updates (SSU) makes sure that you have a robust and reliable servicing stack so that your devices can receive and install Microsoft security fixes.
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings