[German]Microsoft has released the first version 0.14.0 of PowerToys for Windows 10 users. The PowerToys known from Windows 9x are Open Source and available free of charge.
PowerToys were free programs under Windows 95/98, with which certain Windows features could be optimized or adapted. Inspired by the PowerToys project under Windows 95, some developers dared to restart. The intended was to give power users the ability to get more efficiency out of the Windows 10 shell and customize it for individual workflows. The announcement tool place at the beginning of May 2019 (Windows 10: PowerToys will come as Open Source). More information can be found in the articles linked at the end of this blog.
PowerToys 0.14.0 availble
Neowin spotted it first, an update version of PowerToys 0.14.0 is availaible at GitHub. This version contains some improvements for FancyZones and PowerRename. The release notes list the following changes:
- Removed legacy editor (along with the settings option to choose between the legacy editor and the new editor).
- Added a settings to disable FanzyZones for user defined list of applications.
- The editor now opens highlighting the current active layout.
- Show the correct keyboard key for the editor shortcut (with some limitations due to the WebView control).
- Fixed the FancyZones bug that was stealing the number keys (mostly happening when dragging Chrome tabs).
- Fixed a DPI scaling bug in the FancyZones editor that was causing the zones to be placed in the wrong position on the screen.
- Fixed bug preventing several apps from working with FancyZones (there are still some cases, like remote apps, that may not work).
- The dialog can be resized (still need to finished the work to handle DPI changes when moving the dialog between screen with different scaling %).
- Added settings to restore search and replace flags value from previous run.
- Added settings to enable autocomplete and auto-suggest.
- Improved RegEx replace result.
- Fix bug preventing sub-folder items to be renamed if parent folder is also renamed.
Other bug fixes
- fixed a bug in the runner that was causing the tray icon to not appear.
- minor UI tweaks to the Settings appearance (icons position and margins, module’s description text and documentation links position and margins).
- fixed a crash in the SortcutGuide.
Note: When upgrading from a previous version, the installer closes all Windows Explorer windows to update the PowerRename shell extension.