[German]The developers of the Thunderbird email client have released Thunderbird 78.9.0 on March 23, 2021. This is a maintenance update for the 78 main version of the email client, which fixes various bugs and five vulnerabilities.
According to the release notes, there are no new features, but in addition to fixed vulnerabilities, there are the following bug fixes:
- New mail notification displayed old messages that were unread
- Spaces following soft line breaks in messages using quoted-printable and format=flowed were incorrectly encoded; existing messages which were previously incorrectly encoded may now display with some words not separated by a space
- Some fields were unreadable in the Dark theme in the General preferences panel
- Sending a message containing an anchor tag with an invalid data URI failed
- When switching tabs, input focus was not moved to the new tab
- Address Book: Syncing a read-only Google address book via CardDAV failed
- Address Book: Importing VCards with non-ascii characters would fail
- Address Book: Some values may not have been parsed when syncing from Google address books.
- Add-ons Manager did not show if an addon used experiment APIs
- Calendar: Removing a recurring task was not possible
The system requirements for the different operating system versions (see also form more details):
- Windows: Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 or higher
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.9 or higher
- Linux: GTK+ 3.4 or higher
Thunderbird is free of charge and may be downloaded here.
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings