[German]On May 4, 2021 (first Tuesday of the month, Office Patchday) Microsoft releases non-security updates for still supported versions of Microsoft Office. Here’s a quick rundown – there were only updates for Office 2016 this time, but it seems Outlook is having issues with autocomplete.
The updates apply to the installable MSI version of Office and are delivered via Windows Update. Click-to-run packages will receive the updates through other channels. For this reason, Office 2019 no longer appears in the list below, where only click-to-run installers are available. Microsoft lists the updates on this page.
The packages are automatically distributed via Windows Update, but can also be downloaded and installed manually via the linked KB articles.
- Update for Microsoft Office 2016 (KB4462117): This update fixes an issue where worksheet matching does not work when FipsAlgorithmPolicy (FipsAlgorithmPolicy) algorithm policy is enabled and an error message: A call target caused an exception error is displayed.
- Update for Skype for Business 2016 (KB4493155): Upgrades Microsoft Skype for Business 2016 to version 16.0.5161.1000.
- Update for Microsoft Outlook 2016 (KB5001921): Fixes two issues.
- Fixes an issue that causes smart card authentication users to receive repeated authentication prompts from Outlook when disabling TLS 1.0.
- Fixes an issue that causes the group policy for the “End appointments and meeting early” calendar option to no longer work.
Details about the updates can be found in the linked KB articles from Microsoft.
Outlook autocomplete broken
On Facebook I noticed a post a couple of hours ago, where a German user complains about issues in Outlook. The user posted the following picture and wrote (I’ve translated his text).
The autocomplete fails since today in Outlook (eg 2019) to the top and no longer down. The problem have ben mentioned several times on the net, as you can find on Google. Does anyone happen to have a solution already?
The solution should be found in the uninstallation of the Outlook update KB5001921 – but possibly I’m wrong. Someone concerned who can say more about it. Addendum: See the new post Office 365: Autocomplete in Outlook broken (May 2021)
Microsoft Office Patchday (May 4, 2021)
Microsoft Security Update Summary (May 11, 2021)
Patchday: Windows 10-Updates (May 11, 2021)
Patchday: Windows 8.1/Server 2012-Updates (May 11, 2021)
Patchday: Windows 7/Server 2008 R2-Updates (May 11, 2021)
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings