[German]The developers of the Thunderbird email client have released Thunderbird 78.11.0 on June 1, 2021. It is a maintenance update for the 78 main version of the email client, which fixes various bugs.
I have already been pointed to this update by some blog readers. According to the release notes, several fixes and improvements have been made.
- OpenPGP could not be disabled for an account if a key was previously configured
- Recipients were unable to decrypt some messages when the sender had changed the message encryption from OpenPGP to S/MIME
- Contacts moved between CardDAV address books were not synced to the new server
- CardDAV compatibility fixes for Google Contacts
- Folder pane had no clear indication of focus on macOS
- Windows theme improvements
According to this page, no security vulnerabilities are fixed.
The system requirements for the different operating system versions (see here for more details):
- Windows: Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 or higher
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.9 or higher
- Linux: GTK+ 3.4 or higher
The download is available here. By the way, Thunderbird is free of charge
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings